Chapter 6: Twilight vs. Magikarp

The three returned to silence, quietly watching Magikarp as it floundered about without a care in the world. Eventually, when one of them was sure to crack just staring at him, Spike asked, "Maybe we should feed him something?"

"Worth a try. Might get him to do something else for once," Twilight agreed.

"I'll go get some fish food then," Fluttershy said, flying away to acquire some food for the fish. Returning with a canister of fish feed, she shook it in front of Magikarp. "Hey Magikarp, are you hungry?"

"Karp, karp. Magikarp," he said, the only words he could say, actually.

"I take that as a yes." Fluttershy opened up the canister and poured some of the feed in Magikarp's mouth. The fish opened and closed his mouth, gobbling up the food in mere seconds.

"Would you look at that! He did something for once!" Spike said joyously. "So eating makes him react!"

"I wonder what other food he can eat?" Twilight said to herself, leaning closer to inspect Magikarp's mouth to see what type of teeth he had to see whether he was a carnivore or herbivore. Unfortunately, Magikarp grabbed onto Twilight's mane at that moment, sucking it up in his mouth.

"AHHHHHH!" Twilight shrieked, shaking her head to try and dislodge Magikarp from her mane. "Get him off! Get him off now!"

"Hold still, Twilight!" Spike yelled, attempting to pull of Magikarp from her hair. All that resulted in tugging Twilight's mane painfully and her yelling even more.

"Don't try to rip my mane out! Just get him off!" she shouted, tears springing up in her eyes from the severe hair pulling.

"Um, I think everyone should calm down..." Fluttershy said, but the two were too busy and didn't really care at the moment to listen to what she said.

Magikarp had now gobbled a full half of Twilight's mane length in his mouth, intent on eating all of it at this rate. "Oh dear Celestia, it's so disgusting!"

"If you keep on shaking your head, I won't be able to take him off!" Spike reminded her, grunting in effort as he finally managed to pull off the hungry fish. Magikarp flew behind them from the force of Spike's pull, bouncing off the wall and right back at them.

Magikarp smacked right into Twilight's face, 10 kilograms of force hitting her square on in the muzzle. Twilight fell to the ground, having been knocked unconscious from the hit. Magikarp just continued to flop on the floor next to Twilight's prone body.

The wild TWILIGHT fainted!

Magikarp gained 1032 Exp. points!

"... anyone know where that voice came from?" Spike asked, confused as to where and how that voice sprung up out of nowhere.

"Magikarp," Magikarp said, the fish's face as impassive as ever.

"Yeah... that's what I thought," Spike said, facepalming.