Chapter 23- Kisses

CHAPTER 23- KISSES

NO ONE'S POV

Maria sat in silence, her eyes looking at a distance and her forehead knotted in frustration. A week ago, that same day that Willow fainted, she saw a tall woman walking frantically towards the infirmary while she was on her way to the girls' restroom.

It was Cora. That same Cora that helped them during their prom night. The same Cora who was Kisses' cousin. She stood there; transfixed for a moment as it came crashing down on her, Willow might really be Kisses. She was Kisses. When it felt like she can move her legs once again, she ran to the restroom and sobbed. Real hard. Three years of wondering, of confusion and hurt of losing her best friend ended that day. She sobbed in anguish over the three years of pain, sadness, self-pity and now, the relief she felt that Kisses is still with them, alive and well.

The following day, it took all her strength not to lunge to the girl and cry. As she watched Willow walk towards them, she just smiled, albeit sadly. She just really wanted her bestfriend back but telling her this would most likely surprise and confuse her. She obviously does not remember them, but she needed to make sure.

"You all right?" Willow asked. Maria blinked profusely as she looked at the girl who was leaning forward towards her face, her head tilting.

Maria cleared her throat. "Of course I am. Why'd you ask?"

"You seem to be deep in thought." She sat back and nibbled on her tacos as she continued looking at her with curious eyes. Clemence was not with them as she went to the History building to get a book from one of the teachers. "Is it about her?" Willow asked.

"Not really. I just saw someone who was connected to her and I can't help but be a little affected by that. "Willow nodded and Maria smiled.

They ate in silence as they waited for Clemence. Suddenly Willow's head shot up upon feeling the presence of someone coming in the dining hall. Edward, she thought. Their eyes met and he sent her a ghost of a smile. She nodded in recognition. Maria turned to look at who she was looking at. "Barber?" she asked as she faced Willow. "What is up with you and Barber?"

Willow shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing, just a silent greeting. He is our classmate anyway," she answered nonchalantly.

Maria reached a hand to her arm, shooting her a very protective look. "You should take heed to our warnings to you. Barber is a dangerous land to tread on. He is going to hurt you if you get to close to him. Please, if you can, just stay away from him. Just deal with him if it has anything to do with school, but other than that, don't go anywhere near him, okay?" her eyes looked at Willow pleadingly.

Willow put her head down, unable to look at Maria straight in the eyes but still gave a silent nod.

WILLOW'S POV

It happened the same day I fainted. That night, I tried sleeping but I always get awaken by really weird dreams. It featured me flapping around blindly. The girl (that was me) was in eyeglasses (I understand, I do have bad eyesight, yet I wear contacts). I was walking briskly when I suddenly bumped in to a boy who was busy whisking off water from his hair. I can get a glimpse of his pale arms but I cannot understand why his face was still a blur. He seemed to be the same guy screaming at the dead body in the car in my previous dream. The guy seemed to be apologizing to the dream version of me but when he saw my face, his body tensed and I can see that he took it back as I saw my face frown.

"Make yourself useful,.... I can't see anything" The onlooker me frowned. I knew I said a name but when it came out of my Dream Version's lips, it came out as white noise. She continued flapping her arms on air because she can't see anything.