Prank.

I head over to the cafe while sarcastically and jokingly thinking about who was about to go "missing". A good sleep helped me rationalize my thoughts. What kind of person vanishes without a trace. Not even memories remain. That was the kind of thing you saw in like very cheesy anime or movies.  So I thought:

"Surely, this is a very elaborate and persistent prank played on me by Riley. Or at least I hope so."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yo Riley!"

"Lucas!"

"Where's Ari?"

"There you are again. Asking about a person who never existed."

"I'm very sure she's going to show once i enter your comfort room. I've caught up to your tricks."

"I wonder if all those books have gotten into your head. You should really stop burying yourself neck deep into books."

"That's what you say now, but i'll laugh at you when I become the head of Apple!"

"You're in the wrong course then."

"Are you actually smart?"

"I've been told that alot."

"Anyways, i'm off to talk to Ari!"

"You better lay off on the drugs, junkie!"

"I'm not a junkie and ill never take drugs."

I entered the comfort room, washed my hand, and then exited hoping for an encounter with Ari. As I opened the door, surely, I could peek at Ari brewing coffee in her little brewing table. Truly a majestic specimen of what id call a shy type.

"Ari!"

Ari, shocked and flustered, looks at my direction and sends a wave of her hand.

"Ari. Wheres Riley?"

"...Shes not here."

"You're not denying her existance like her."

"...I might have memory loss and forgotten her. Hehe."

This was the first I've heard her laugh and I surely treasured it. Then I thought about the possibility of her warming up to me.

"Is it true that you like me?"

Ari's eyes widen and her cheeks go even redder. She goes back to her brewing table and tries to find something.

"...Here!"

She hands me a golden watch i immediately recognize as mine.

"Woah. Thanks Ari!"

"...You're welcome."

She turns around and heads back to her brewing table which i probably was sure which is not what its called but is what i thought it was called. But before she could actually get out of earshot I jokingly asked her.

"What about your feelings towards me?"

She walks faster to her table and closes the door that separated the general area and the employees only area.

"Ahh.. that's very cute!"

I say to myself as I remember her flustered face.

"Easily flustered girls really are the best!"

"Sir, I advise that you stop your advances with boss Ari."

"Woah! Hi!.... Errr... Di- Di..... Di.... Disco?"