Chapter 5

August 17
The day before Naomi's 1st Party

"Mama, I have too much going on in my life right now for that." I said to my mother over Facetime. She just told me my biological father has been calling and asking for me. The fuck does he want after almost 10 fuckin years??

"I'm not asking you to do anything. Ion fuck with the nigga either, I just thought I'd at least let you know the mufucka been asking about you." She said.

"He got a lot of nerve." I said to myself shaking my head.

"Don't let it work you up, you already got a lot going on. Between Naomi party and that investigator coming to your job, I know you need a break."

I just leaned back into the couch kicking my feet up. "I'm not really worried about Naomi's party because she's still a baby she's not going to care, but with the whole investigation thing, it's got me a little stressed. I mean I never thought one of my clients could do something like that ya know?" One of my clients beat his wife damn near to death and she's in critical condition. We're all just hoping she makes it.

"It's not your fault baby girl." Jonathan said poking his head in the camera. "People are crazier than they lead on now a days."

"You're right dad." I said nodding. There was a knock at the door. "I gotta go y'all. Somebody at the door. See y'all tomorrow. Please be on time." I said as I got up and headed towards the door.

"We will. See ya then." They said. I opened the door and it was Malik.

He smiled staring at me from the door, with food in his hands. I just blushed. It's been 4 weeks since our date and things have been going smoothly since that night. He takes me out as much as he can, when we both have the time. I must admit, I give him just a bit of a hard time but he's very patient and understanding.

We looked each other up and down both impressed. Neither of us were really dressed up, we just had on casual clothes, he wanted to hang out but I told him I'd had a lot to do tomorrow so I just wanted to enjoy some time home while I can, since Naomi is spending some time with her dad and uncles today. Malik offered to just come over and keep me company. He came to me and snaked his free arm around my waist and kissed my cheek and then my lips. My insides started to melt. He gives the best kisses. Like oh my fuckin gosh 😩 "Hey." He said after kissing me.

"Hey to you too." I said with a giggle. He moved us inside and closed the door behind him.

"I got some tropical smoothie, for us." He said holding it up. I sat on the couch getting comfortable.

"You're the best." I said with a smile.

"I got you a slurpee too, because I know you love the ones from Cumberland Farms." My eyes lit up 😍
"... but I drank it on the way here." He said sitting next to me on the couch beginning to take the food out of the bag.

I gave him the side eye. "Thanks for the food, but you gotta slide." I said folding my arms across my chest.

"No no no." He said laughing and pulling me close to him. "It's hot outside baybeh. And I got thirsty."

"You ain't have to tell me that you bought it. I'm thinking I'm fina get my damn sip on." I said rolling my eyes. He was just cracking up.

"Baby I'm sorry." He said with his thick accent. Still chuckling. "I'll buy you another one."

"I wanted mines." I said fake pouting.

"Aawww." He said pouting with me. He put his hands on both sides of my face and gave me a soft kiss. "I'll make up for it, I promise." He whispered to me. He started to kiss me again and he deepened the kiss putting my arms around his neck and laying me back on the couch.