Chapter 10

"Put it over there in the living room." I said to Malik and Jayden as they carried the couch into my new place.

They set it down nice and easy and then both took deep breaths. I must admit, I did have them pulling most of the weight. 😂

"Where you want me to sit this box Nae?" Shenika asked walking with my box of picture frames and other kinds of shit that I planned on hanging on the walls.

"Just sit it right there by the couch, I'll hang all that stuff up later." I️ said as I hauled Naomi's things to her new room.

"I got it." Jayden said grabbing the box from Nika.

"Thanks." She said. I'm glad they decided to put their differences aside to help me out. Shenika still doesn't fuck with him, but she's let it go.

"Hold on baby, you can't try to pull all this weight on yo own." Malik said coming to grab Naomi's huge box of clothes and a box of her toys.

"I got.." I was saying until he interrupted me.

"I got it. Go relax." He said to me before picking up the boxes effortlessly and then giving me a kiss.

"Ok. Mr. Macho." I said with a smirk before going to plop down on my new couch, Shenika joined.

"This couch comfy as shit." Shenika said getting comfortable pressing the button to let her feet out.

Today was going perfectly. Naomi was with Dominic, I got the next two days off from work so I can get settled in to my new place. Jayden, Shenika, and Malik have been a ton of help, helping me move in. The place is perfect. Naomi and I have more than enough room. The neighborhood is beautiful, and there's a playground for Naomi. She'll love it.

"Babe I gotta go." Malik said coming into the living room grabbing his keys off the counter and coming to give me a kiss.

"Have a safe flight, and call me when y'all get there." Malik and Malea are going to Louisiana to visit their family for a couple of days.

"I will. I'ma send you my mans Reggie number if you need something while I'm gone." He said going through his phone and sending me Reggie's number. I'd only met Reggie a few times, due to the fact that he's one of those crazy workaholics, but I know they're bestfriends and they're like family. He's also Malea's god father.

"I'm sure we'll be fine. But I got it." I said assuring him.

"I'm sure you will be too, but call that number if you need anything, he gon get it." He said kissing me one last time before walking out the door.

"He fucking adores you." Shenika said making me blush.

"Girl." I rolled my eyes trying to stop blushing. "Cut it out."

"I'm just saying." She said smirking. "You gonna do a house warming party though?" Shenika asked.

"I've been thinking about it. I think I should."

"Most definitely. You got the space for it." She said looking around.

"We should have drinks too." Jayden said plopping down in between us on the couch.

"Yes, we ain't got fucked up in a minute." Shenika said kinda excited. Jayden and I gave her a look and then we looked at each other. I just shrugged. Normally Shenika would rather be elsewhere than hang with Jay, but it seems like things are getting back to the way they originally were. Either way, I'm glad they're getting along.

"Cool. Sus just let me know and I'll get all the liq and the weed." He said wiggling his eye brows.

"Bet." I said nodding my head.