Chapter 19

Soren Rivers

"Hoodini, use leafage on Blastoise. Keep it away from Litten!" I commanded.

Jay threw me a glance in thanks before moving to attack Helioptile. "Litten, use fire fang!"

Our battle was almost over and so far had been going pretty well. Finn had taken care of most of their pokémon alongside Jay's ralts and umbreon but even they could only take so many attacks. Soul had been doing well until he had gotten paralyzed but at this point Jay wouldn't have any trouble with just Litten. My pokémon seemed as energized as I felt after last night's walk on the beach and I still had my own ralts and absol if Hoodini took an unlucky hit.

"You know, it's nice to see them working in synch with each other instead of Litten trying to eat Hoodini." I commented as I watched my pokémon hit Blastoise in the face with his attack.

"Don't jinx it." Jay warned before looking back at the battle. "Litten, it's still charging that razor wind, use another fire fang."

"Blastoise, aqua tail!" Hydris shouted. "Knock them off balance."

"Heliolisk, hold back a little longer then trap them between the attacks!" Magny ordered.

Hoodini was knocked back the the close range attack and I winced as he was sent rolling into Litten, tripping the cat like pokémon, and leaving them both wide open for Heliolisk's razor wind. I gritted my teeth, I had jinxed it hadn't I?

"Hoodini, get up!" I commanded. "Use its attack to power up your leafage!"

"Litten, shield Hoodini." Jay spoke up.

Litten couldn't take the attack completely but I was glad Hoodini was saved from a direct attack. The razor wind ripped through the air at them and Hoodini shot a look in my direction as his wings were buffeted by the wind before using leafage again; the leaves speeding up with the help of the wind. The attack slammed hard into Blastoise's body and despite being a lower level than the water type, Blastoise collapsed onto the ground unconscious. One more to go.

"Is Litten good to keep going?" I asked.

"Of course." Jay nodded. "Litten, ember!"

"Good. Hoodini, use tackle on Heliolisk before it recovers.."

Litten's body was shaking as he moved but still pulled off the attack. Hoodini fluttered his wings before tackling into the heliolisk, causing the larger pokémon to stagger to the ground before rising back up and knocking him away by opening the frill around its neck.

Magny laughed. "Not looking too good. Looks like you've got him riled up. Come on boy, use parabolic charge."

Heliolisk's frill opened wider as electricity built up. If that attack hit Hoodini would be finished and Litten would be left to fight a healed up pokémon on his own. I quickly came up with a new plan. "Hoodini, blind it with leafage and then knock it off balance with tackle!"

"Litten, use fire fang while it's down. Don't let it land that attack!" Jay said, her face suggesting complete focus on the battle at hand.

The attack stalled as Heliolisk was pelted with leaves and it gave a cry as it tried avoiding the attack only to fall and injure his frill. Litten lunged forward and sank his fangs into our opponent's neck, shaking side to side for a few seconds, before jumping back. It had been almost adorable to see Jay's pokémon doing that considering how large the heliolisk was compared to the fire type, well other than the fact that attack had looked like it had hurt. The heliolisk didn't rise again and Magny stood there for a moment in what seemed to be shock, no pun intended, before returning his electric type to its ball.