Chapter 4

Riker's POV

"At least he's safe, Riker! God, don't be so selfish!" Rocky yelled. We made it back home. I'm questioning weather we should've left Ross with those two crazy girls or not. I'm suspicious about Chloe. She doesn't seem too nice.

"Chloe seems a bit too mean-" I was cut off by none other than my brother,

"Compared to Malory? Yeah totally!" Rocky said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen, pulling out some food. "You honestly need to stop being so stressed all the time, Riker..."

I slammed the box of cereal on to the counter and yelled, "How can I? Our little brother is being abused all the time by his freaking girlfriend! How can I not be stressed? How can I be sure he's safe? How can I not freak out every time I hear the name Malory or hear her freaking voice? How can I not be stressed Rocky? How?!" He backs up a tiny bit.

"Woah, calm down there Rike." He said softly. He soon shrugged and joined me in making cereal.

A few hours had passed and Rocky was nowhere to be found. I don't trust those two girls. I got up off the couch and started running to the house like a ninja. As soon as I got to the house, I punched on the door. I didn't know, I punched it. The door opened and I accidentally punched the girl in the face.

"Argh!! Dude, watch where you're swingin' that thing!" She yelled while holding her nose. I sighed and walked passed her, looking around. The dark red walls didn't help with the matter. "Um, do you mind?" I ignored her.

"Where's Ross?" I ask impatiently. She groans and grabs my wrist, pulling me upstairs.

"Brianna is gone out with Rocky. Ross is in that room at the end of the hall. You've punched me in the face, and I'm gonna go get an ice pack." She said sounding annoyed. I hissed at her as if I was a snake and I walked to the room that Chloe said he was in. I opened the door and walked over to the bed. He's still asleep, obviously.

"So, why isn't Rydel or Ryland or Ellington helping with this situation?" Chloe's voice asked highly, startling me.

"Shut up.. Wait, what? What do you mean by 'this situation'?" I reply. She shrugs and sits on one of the chairs in the room.

"Ross told us about Malory and what she does to him." She states. My eyes widen and I immediately look at Ross' sleeping face again. What an idiot. He just had to bring two more people into this mess. Malory will probably come and hunt Brianna and Chloe down now if she finds out. And not because Ross told them, but because they're girls and they hung around Ross. Heck, Malory attacked Rydel once because she hung around Ross. Like, the heck? They're related, isn't it supposed to be normal for siblings to hang out? Like, who attacks their boyfriends sister? It's messed up!

"Well, don't get involved. We don't need anymore people in this mess. Ross is am idiot. Malory is impossible to get rid of... Basically, if Ross broke up with Malory, she'd be killing everyone!" I explain. Chloe stares at me blankly, but then some emotion shows up. Shuffling appears behind me and I turn around to see Ross waking up.

"Hey Ross, are you hungry?" Chloe asks, moving to the side of Ross' bed and crouching down to Ross' view. Ross nods and she smiles, getting up and exiting the room. I sit on the bed and Ross sits up.

"She's not that bad, you know Rike..." Ross starts. I looked at him like he's crazy but he continues, "She's really nice. Sure, she can boil up and blow, but she's truly nice. Honest to god." I nod and sigh, getting up and walking down the stairs. I enter the kitchen to see Chloe moving around and grabbing ingredients and cooking tools and stuff. I don't know, I'm not a woman. She looks at me for a second before getting back to what she's doing. It looks like she's making something complicated.

"Um..." I stutter. The clattering stops and she looks at me. "I... Uh... Th-Thank you... For... Taking R-Ross in and... Taking care of him..." She nods.

"No problem." She whispers.

"Look... I know I was a jerk to you and I know I punched you in the face, I-uh... I want to say sorry." I look at my feet and mumble. The clattering stops once again and I hear feet coming towards me. I see Chloe's figure stand in front of me and she lifts my head up.

"It's okay, Riker. The punch to the face thing was an accident. I know that. And I forgive you." She says. I smile.

"There's something I want to say... Again... I think I might li-" Just as I was about to say something, Rocky and Brianna come barreling through the front door laughing their heads off. We both look at them and stare.

"Brianna!" Chloe shouts. Their attention glues to us as they stop laughing and I give Rocky a look. He smirks and grabs my arm, pulling me out of the house.

"Bye Brianna!! See you tomorrow!!" Rocky calls out. What's going on?

"Uh- B-Bye Chloe..." I half yell out as Rocky drags me home.