Chapter 3

Rocky's POV

I awaken from a well needed sleep refreshed and ready for whatever the day is going to throw at me.  I glance over at a snoring Riker before grabbing my clothes and heading for the shower.  On my way down the hall, I peer into Ross and Ryland's room and I can't help but notice Ross isn't in his bed. Panic surges through my body as I rush down the hall into the kitchen.  

"Good morning Rocky" mom smiles.  

"Hey, where's Ross?" I ask gravely.  

"He went on a walk with Malory, why?" mom questions.  

"Oh no reason" I yell behind me as I rush back into Riker and my room.  

"Emergency code Ross, emergency code Ross" I yell as I shove him awake.  Riker springs out of his bed and runs his hands through his hair as he breaths deeply.  

"What's wrong?" he breaths.  

"Ross went on a walk with Malory and I think she might hurt him because of that fan he hugged last night" I inform Riker.  

"Get dressed, we're going looking for them around the neighborhood" Riker announces as he gets out of his bed.  We both throw on shirts before exiting the house into the cold, crisp morning air.  

"Can I go back and grab a sweater?" I shiver.  

"No, now come on.  We have a baby brother to find" Riker sighs as he marches along the sidewalk.  We walk all around the neighborhood several times, screaming Ross and Malory's names.  By the time it is noon, Riker and I are exhausted, starving, and worried sick.

"Come on, let's check back home and grab a bite to eat" I suggest.  

"Dude, we were just at home five minutes ago!" Riker exclaims with annoyance.  

"Oh yea..." I trail off, remembering where I got this sweater from.  "Can we still get food?"

"No!  We have to find our brother!" Riker urges.  

"Fine" I grunt, looking back at him.  "But just so you know, this is going to be a lot better for you if I have a full stomach.  You know how I get when I'm hungry."  Just as I turn around, I crash right into someone. 

"I-I'm so sorry" she stammers as she regains her balance.  

"Oh no, it was my fault.  I wasn't looking where I was going" I blush.  

"Rocky?" she gasps.

"Um hi.  I'm kinda busy right now but maybe we can crash into each other some ther time?" I ask awkwardly.  

"No, you're exactly the person I'm looking for" she smiles.  

"I'm sorry, but we really have to go" Riker growls, turning around and dragging me with him.  

"Well if you want your brother back, he's at my place down the street.  Just letting you know" she giggles awkwardly.  Riker and I spin around and run back towards her as she plays with her shoulder length straightened light brown hair.  

"What?  Is he ok?  Take us to him" Riker demands.  

"I found him crawling on the ground in front of my house.  His face is a little bit bruised and he seems a little bit shaken up, but I think he's ok" she sighs.  

"Ok come on, we don't have all day here people" Riker snaps, starting down the street.  

"Pardon his attitude, he gets grumpy when he's hungry" I apologize to the girl.  

"It's fine, I think everybody does" she smiles as she starts walking down the street.  I run a little bit to catch up to her and I continue waking by her side.