Chapter 1: Trouble in Paradise

Musiq Soulchild Teach Me softly played through Queen loft, as tears stream down her face. She looked out the window wondering how her love life had gotten to be so fucked up. One minute, she was in love with a man she never thought she would be, and the next thing she knew he swept her off her feet. At first, she saw him as a weak and confused man, but in reality he was the complete opposite. He was a loving, kind hearted, and intelligent. When he spoke was like he was spitting out food for the soul.

     He was like a breath of fresh air. He showed her things that no man had ever taken the time to show her. When she looked at him, she became high. The hairs on her ebony skin raised, her mouth became dry, and her eyes glazed over. The man sent chills down her spine. She still could not believe she let him slip through her fingers.

Flashback

Queen stepped out of her mother's apartment. The hallway smelled like piss, weed, alcohol and ass. It was nothing new to Queen, but it still made her feel some type of way. She always told herself she would raise her kids in a better environment than the one she was provided. She knew that her mother could do better she just choose not too. It was one out of many reasons she disliked her mother.

     Although Queen disliked her mother, she still respected her. If it was not for her grandma Rayna being in her life there relationship would have been non existent. Rayna made sure to keep Queen in church every time she got the chance. Queen was not the best christian, but through her journey of learning who Christ is, she was able to forgive a lot of things that her mother had done to her.

    She never had the chance to meet her father, unfortunately he was murder by police one day on his way home from work. The police claim that he fit the description of a man they were looking for. When she was younger her grandmother would tell her stories about how great of a man he was. Her grandmother would say Queen reminded her so much of him when he was younger.

    As Queen walked down the steps of the dirty apartment building she bumped into someone.

    "Sorry beautiful." The Barton voice smoothly spoke. He looked Queens thick five foot frame up and down examining each and every curve on her chocolate skin.

    "Take a picture baby, it will last longer I promise." She smirked at him. He licked his lips showcasing his tongue ring.

     Queen bit her bottom lip thinking of all the things she would do to the brown skin man. She  could tell that he was an older man, but he was still handsome. His muscles were so big they did not need to be flexed to be seen, and his hair was in two neatly done braids.

     "I could say the same for you." He smiled.

     "That smile could make any woman commit a sin." she thought to herself.

     "Anthony!" Queens drunk neighbors called from the top of the stairs.

     He sighed and shook his head, "I'm coming." He yelled back.

    Queen scrunched up her face, "how could he be with her?" She thought to herself.

     All she did was lay on her back can collect a check for her sisters kids.

She shook her head and continued down the stairs. The fact that lady had a what seemed to be a good man did not make sense to her.

    "Girl would you get in the damn car! Taking all damn day, Mikey already gone fuss at me because I'm taking longer the expected." Queens friend Meka yelled from the all black Dodge Charger.