Chapter 2: Try Me Not

As Kane road through the streets of Virginia, he had A Boogie wit da Hoodie blasting from the stereo. Meka really had him in his feelings. He could not wrap his head around why she could not be woman enough to tell her brother about their relationship. When she was younger he understood, but now there was no excuse now that she was grown.

Should've listened, my mama always told me this

I was only thirteen when she told me this

Watch who you fuck with

And never trust a nigga for nothing

Even if you feel like you feel like you really love her

'Cause that's when you gon' make you feel like you nothing

And that's when you gon' start to feel like you buggin'

Kane rappped the words like he wrote them. At that exact moment that how he felt. He truly loves Meka, but not enough to be treated like a secret. The car was completely silent once the song was was over. Meka looked at him, like he head lost his mind. Queen on the other hand was amused by the couples actions. She understood both sides, but she felt like they both were doing to much at that point. Minutes later they pulled up to Paula's Hair Parlor. Queen grabbed her stuff taking a deep breath before getting out of the car.

"You coming Meka?" She asked.

The doors locked, "She'll be in, in a minute." Meka had a scowl on her face.

"Sayless, thanks Kane."

"No problem Queen, have a good day." she shut the door and made her way into the shop.

"At this point your holding me hostage. You said what you had to say, so there's no reason for me to be still sitting here." Meka snapped.

"Sha'Meka, act like you know me and fix the tone." she side eyed her.

"You got until the end of the week to tell your brother or I will."

"I'm not telling him shit, period. That's the end of this conversation." Kane chuckled at her words.

"Cool." they sat in silence for a moment.

"Look Don;Tavis, I love you but I love my brother more. He is the only living family that I have, and if that means breaking up with you to keep my last living family member in my life then so be it. At least try seeing it from my point of view." she tried to touch his hand but he snacthed it back.

"That's how you feel?" He questioned her.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean I love you any less."

"Get out." He yelled.

"What?"

"I said get out." Meka was taken back for a second. "I'll have one of the workers drop off your car before it's time for you to leave work." she looked at him before collecting her things to get out.

"When you want to come to your senses hit me and we can talk. Until then, your right we shouldn't be together. I hope you don't take forever because I won't wait forever because I'm not going to wait forever. I think I waited long enough." Meka held back tears as she got out and slammed his door.

When she walked in the Paula's Parlor she went straight to the back. Queen came in right behind her. She looked at her friend, and pulled her into a hug. Meka cried for 20 minutes, her heart was broken. She loved Kane, but she didn't want to lose her brother.