Chapter Five: Adoption

I have decided that i am going to skip a few weeks, but everything from the missing weeks will be told.

Buffy_The_Vampire.X. 

Chapter Five: Adoption

Two Months Later,  Thursday August 2012

It has been about two months since Lavender had been discharged from the hospital.

Everyone we know, and a few others, know that it was Me and Melissa who found a baby, and everyone else just knows that someone in our school found her, as it was on the news the day she was discharged.

Me and Melissa have been to see her almost everyday, because we had finished our exams just over a week after we found Lavender. Lavender now had light brown hair with red tinted ringlets and her eyes were now a dark, but bright blue.

I was broken from my thoughts by the sound of the phone ringing. I jumped up from where I was sat at the table, eating my breakfast, and grabbed the phone off the counter next to the sink, and pressed the green button.

"Hello?" i asked into the phone.

"Hi Tegan, its Stacey Silver, from the childrens protective services"

"Oh yeah, hi Miss Silver, how are you? Is Lavender OK? Is she hurt?"

"I'm fine, and nothing is wrong with her, i'm calling with good news actually, but I need you and Melissa to come down here if that's alright?"

"Yeah that's fine, I'll call her now and we'll be there within the hour"

"OK, thank you, bye"

"Bye" i hung up, and called Melissa explaining what Miss Silver had just told me, and we arranged to meet  in about twenty minutes at the park halfway between our houses.

I ran into the living room, where Kathrine was sat with the twins, watching some random childrens cartoon, and told her where I was going, she passed me money for the bus, and I left the house after slipping into a pair of flip-flops, stepping out into the blazing heat of the summers day.

I got to the park just over twenty minutes later, and saw Melissa sat on a bench in the corner of the park, so I ran over to her and she stood up as I stopped in front of her.

                     ---------------------------At The Care Home-----------------------------

We got to the home about twenty minutes later, and just walked straight through the red door, and saw Miss Silver standing next to the front desk.

"Hi, Miss Silver" Melissa said, once we stopped near her.

"Hi girls, If you would follow me to my office, I'll explain everything then, alright?"

"Yes, that's fine" I argeed, and Melissa nodded along with my agreement.

We followed Miss Silver through to her office, where a couple, maybe in their late twenties sat at her desk, the woman was holding Lavender, and the man was playing with her, holding a toy up and shaking it from side to side, while she laughed.

They all looked up as we stepped into the room, Me and Melissa both grabbed a share chair and sat at either end of the desk, while Miss Silver sat in her seat behind the desk.

"So Tegan, Melissa I wold like to introduce to the Millars, their thinking about adopting Lavender, but we made sure that they read everything in her file, and they wanted to meet you, to discuss some things"

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, we read through the file and know that the two of you care greatly for Lavender, and haave since the moment you met her, and she seems to love you to, so we have agreed to all of your conditions. And so you can come and see her whenever you want, but you'll have to call us, just incase we are doing something" Mrs Millar said, smiling at us, as she moved a piece of her dark brown hair out of her chocolate brown eyes.

Wow.

"Thank you Mr and Mrs Millar" Melissa said, and i nodded in agreement, stil in shock,

"Yes, thank you very much"

"It's fine, but please call us Debra and Tom" Mr Mil - Tom said

"OK" We both mumbled in answer.

We spent the fifty minutes discussing the adoption, before we all decided that it was time to leave, as it was near twelve, and it was Lavenders lunch time, and she looked tired, and we had to be home before one.

"So" Miss Silver said, as we all stood by the door, i had just past Lavender over to Melissa, so that she could say goodbye to her too,"The adoption should be final by the end of next week, and you can come with us when we take her up to the Millars, if you want to?"

"Yes, please?" Me and Melissa said at the same time, and then looked towards the Millars, who were getting ready to leave.

"That's fine with us" Debra said, and Tom nodded in agreement, while looking up at us from the drivers seat of their car, "And if you want to, you can come to our house the day before, and we'll show you around."

Me and Melissa looked at eachother, before agreeing with them.

Debra quickly dug through her handbag, and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen, then she wrote down their address and home number, before passing it to me and arranging to meet one week from today at around 2pm.

They both said 'Goodbye' to us all before hugging Lavender and then passed her back to Miss Silver, then getting into the car, and waving as they drove away.

After a few more minutes we said 'Goodbye' to Lavender, and passed her back to Miss Silver and said 'Goodbye' to her as well, she mumbled an answer, as Lavender started to fall asleep on her shoulder. She then turned around and closed the door behind her as she walked inside.

"She's so moody, sometimes" I said, frouning at the door that had just closed in our faces, Melissa laughed but agreed. And so, we both laughed as we started to walk home.