UNIT Christmas Party (Part II)

The Doctor's relationship with The Master was, well, complex. Some combination of Best Friend, Lover and Nemesis seemed to broadly cover it. He managed to sneak in to UNIT's Christmas party. He found The Doctor in his laboratory early in the early evening. He hopped up on the bench.

"Theta." He said conversationally.

"Master. "

"Hiya Kosh, nice to see you. What have I done to deserve the pleasure of your company?

"Here to cause trouble no doubt?"

"My dear Doctor, If I were here to cause trouble, I'd have done a much less thorough job of sneaking in. No, I kame to see you. I thought you could take me to this Christmas party and we could start our Christmas armistice a little early."

"Did you indeed."

"Now Doctor, why is that so difficult to believe?"

"History perhaps?"

"When have I ever greeted you as Theta and then caused trouble. I've always honoured our system."

"That system."

"You wound me Doctor."

"You'll live."

"You've been spending too much time with that Australian."

"So Kosh. Why the sudden charitable gesture?"

"Do I have to have a reason?"

"Yes."

"Fine, if you must know, I miss you."

"And?"

"And I can't tell you the rest, it's in your future,"

"Did you kill me?"

"Of course not."

"What is it then?"

"If I were to tell you that it would violate the most fundamental laws of time."

"Since when do you care about the laws of time?"

"I am a Time Lord, it is my duty to care about them at least a bit."

"Exactly. You and I both know the dire consequences only apply in the most extreme circumstances."

"My dear Doctor, you must believe me, this qualifies. I beg of you, stop asking me to tell you because I might and I can't."

"Very well then."

"Well, shall we go?"

"Go where?"

"To the Christmas party."