3. A Windy Night

The cold breeze feels so refreshing on my face. I close my eyes and tilt my face up to breathe it in. I bring my knees up my chest and gaze at the sky. I love this place. Because it's mine. No one else knew about it.

I wish I could go back in time and change it. I wish I could take it all back. I think back to the night it happened.

"Gem, come on. Let's go."

"Don't be such a party pooper, V."

"We have to leave now or my mom's gonna kill me and your mom's gonna lose her shit when she sees you like this. Come on."

"Fine. You drive. Here's the keys."

I snapped my eyes open at the sound of the engine of a car. I turned to look as the car stopped a little behind mine. I stared as a dark figure emerged from the car and the car's lights died down.

The man walked towards me and under the moonlight I could see him a little better. Green eyes, curly hair and black boots. I could've recognised him anywhere. Harry Styles.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as he slid onto the hood of my mom's car next to me. I wanted to tell him not to, but I didn't say anything. My car was still in the garage after the accident. I took my mom's car keys and slipped out before they could say a word.

"Gemma is my sister. You are not the only person she has told about this place."

"Was."

There was a moment of silence before he spoke again. "It's a really beautiful night, isn't it?"

"It is."

"The wind is so soothing-"

"Cut the crap, Harry. What do you want? Did you come scream at me and have a breakdown like your mother?" I remember that moment when I was just being taken off the ambulance and into the hospital. I could see Anne standing there screaming about how I was the one that killed her daughter. I was drifting in and out of consciousness. But I could definitely remember a police officer trying to hold her back.

"To be fair, she had just lost a child." He said looking up at the stars, "I knew you'd have to be here. Gem always said you liked to be here. So I just came here to tell you that it's not your fault, you know."

"Yes, so I've heard from 18 people so far. But don't bullshit me, Harry. I killed her, no matter what you or the other 17 people believe. That's what the papers are going to say. And that is what everyone is secretly going to believe even if they say otherwise. I couldn't control the car and she's dead." I got off the hood and made my way to the door when he grabbed my wrist.

"There are things that you don't know. But I need you to know that it's not your fault." He let go of me and slid off the hood. I got into my car and turned on the engine. I watched the light of my car illuminate his green eyes. I saw them almost pleading me to believe what he said. What did he mean when he said I don't know everything?

----------------------------