Chapter 3

3
2
1
I and the onceler were both kicked awake. "Ahhhhh" we both cried in sync.
Good thing we didn't jump we just sprouted.

"Wow" I said as I saw the place I've always wanted to go. The truffula Forest. I jumped out of the chair and started running down the hill side. I left the onceler behind. This was just too amazing. All my life I had been told stories about this place. My mother grew up here and the stories he had told me made me want to follow in her footsteps.

She wanted to come back to her child hood but she had us three. But now seeing the animals roam. beautiful clear water, green healthy grass and most of all the trees. The tress that drew me into the beauty. 

My eyes were locked on the view of my new life. I got knocked out of my daze when I heard the Onceler start singing and playing his giatur. { song above} I smiled at him and he replied the same.  Soon animals were coming  I got out my phone and took a picture of the view and then him playing. I took a video as well. He ran when he noticed and placed his hand on my camera.

"Sorry I had to. I need to keep the memory alive." I said laughing. I stopped the recording and slipped my phone back into my pocket.

"It's ok." He picked me up and trapped me in a hug. " This is the tree that is going to give me a better future." he said taking out axe. I didn't notice what he was doing until I heard something tear through something hard.  The animals ran and hid from what was going on behind me. I turned around and I ran over there but I was too late when I arrived the tree was falling. I stood right next to him.

I placed my hand over my mouth. But let it fall. "What have you done Once?!?!" I yelled. "Well this is what our theed or your kneed is made of right?" He said picking up the tuffs.  He was right this might be the perfect material for my kneed, but I never considered my dream tress. The animals came out of hiding they looked at me the same way I looked at them, a I don't know what happened look.

Then something happened that would change my life forever.

~Once pov. ~

I pulled the tree to a flat clearing. " Melvan !" I called. Slowly but surely he came.  " I took out the house tent thing. It was mine but I never really thought of what it was. I took out the folded living space and stared to set it up. One it was spread out I put stakes into the grass around the ropes. Then it folded to life. Putting my hands on my hips I took out my green gloves and started to get to work on the tuffs.

<3 your pov. E>

The sky turned gray, Thunder erupted from the stump. then everything just stopped. The thunder , the sky was normal. What happened? Then an orange thing popped out of the tree.

"Oh my goodness." I ran up to the thing and sat it up. " Are you ok?" I said kneeling in front of it. " I replied with a groan. Then it bounced up with a gasp. I shot back landing on my butt and small of my back. The animals came out slowly. The swammie swans flew closer. The barbaloots still hid but closer to the point that I could see them. I stood up and dusted my self off. And saw the singing fish peeking their heads out from the water.

"Um excuse me, my name is y/n. And I'm new here in town." I reached out to touch it but it spoke.

A sigh escaped it mouth. " I am the lorax I speak for the trees. Are you the one who took it down?" I stood up straight.

"I didn't and had no intenchen too. But my friend over there did. " I said pointing to the lorax.

Another long sigh came from him he picked up a rock and placed it on the outside of the stump. Soon all the animals were placing rocks out of all different shapes and sizes around the tree. Then the lorax snapped his eyes open. And he had his eyes locked on the Onceler!