The Night We Met

Welcome to my Nick Robinson story, lovelies! This story will be extremely different from all of my others, and I have so many ideas. I've been working on this for a while now, so I really hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading(:

----------------------

Hazed, lost, in a cloud of smoke Nick Robinson and a few of his friends sat in the corner of a New York City night club.

"You want a hit, man?" Chris asked handing him a blunt.

"Yeah, sure." Nick responded taking the blunt from Chris's hand, and inhaling. He let it out, looking around the venue, handing the blunt back over to Chris. The music was blasting, as many were at the bar, sitting at a table, or dancing.

Nicks eyes wandered around the crowd of people, before they stopped. Landing on a girl. She was laughing, and dancing with a couple of other girls, whom he felt were pretty, but not like her. Her blue eyes, her wide smile, and her shoulder length brunette hair stood out between the two blondes. Nick examined the brunette, as she looked vaguely familiar. Although, he wondered how the hell he could ever forget someone that looked like that.

"Who is that?" He asked. Chris followed his eyes to the brunette girl, in the middle of two modelesque type blondes.

"One of Eileen's friends." Chris stated simply.

"Teagan Avery. She's cute, right?" Tom asked as Chris passed the blunt over to him.

"Very cute." Nick said. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her, as she stopped her dancing, and began to walk away from her friends.

"Very untappable." Tom answered. Nick let out a chuckle. "She's an actress too, ya know?"

"Really?" He asked, becoming more interested. He began to wonder what he could've seen her in. Tom nodded in response.

"Yeah. I worked with her in that Franco film, Memoria, last year. She's pretty cool."

She stopped to look around the crowd of people, and Nick figured this would be his chance. Nick threw back the rest of his drink before setting it on their table, and beginning to make his way over to the girl.

"Where are you going, dude?" Chris asked letting out a cough, making the guys laugh.

"Where do you think?"

"Good luck." Tom called.

As Nick got closer to her, he increasingly got more nervous. He ran his hand through his hair, before letting out a breath.

"Hey." Nick greeted. She turned her head, brunette hair sliding from her shoulder.

"Hey." She replied, averting her eyes quickly, and still looking around the room, and the large group of people within it.

"I'm Nick." He told her.

"Teagan." She responded, seeming distracted. She looked past him, almost frantically in a way that made her seem a little adorable. Even when she was ignoring him.

"That's a cool name." He replied with a small laugh.

"Thanks." She asked questioningly.

Have you ever heard of the saying "I know when I'm not wanted."? Nick knew he wasn't wanted, but decided to give it one last shot.

"Can I buy you a drink, Teagan?" He asked. After this, he'd walk away. He couldn't take anymore of this rejection.

"Thanks but- uhm- I have to find my friend so-" She stated distracted, now looking up at him apologetically, pointing behind her.