one; pretty girl

The soft bristles of the brush combed through her thick hair. The chestnut strands shined brightly in the reflection of her vanity mirror. Her hair got neater with each stroke.

She made sure to be quiet as she prepared herself for her decision. She softly combed through her bangs once more then set her hairbrush down as quietly as possible. She knew if her parents saw her up they would force her to go to bed and the plan would be ruined. But still,

Her hair looked nice.

She had to look older. If she was going to run away, she couldn't just go out looking like the minor she was. She had thought about lying and saying she was on her Pokemon journey, but then people would expect her to actually carry through with it, and she didn't have to energy to.

She decided she would keep it secret.

She quickly slipped off her current clothes to change into the one she had been hiding for weeks. Her current clothes consisted of a bright blue tank top and a girly red skirt along with blue leg-warmers and an even girlier hat. The outfit gave off the vibe she was happy.

She was anything but happy.

She changed into a much more appropriate dress for her feelings. It was a plain black skater dress that ended above her knees. She paired that with black ankle boots.
As she said before, she had to look mature.

She made her bed neatly then placed the clothes she just took off on top, as a symbol of her past.

She then quietly tucked her nails under the frame of the window and slid it up to the point where she could slip her small body out. She then grabbed the small duffel sitting on the floor which consists of money, clothes, and food. As she began to crawl out the window, she looked into the sky.

Pallet was one of the only towns in Kanto to have a full sky of stars. Since there weren't many lights and it only consisted of around five families and six fields of crops.

She them shimmied out the window fast before plopping onto the grass which was freshly voted with a layer of dew.

She looked around. She spotted the houses she used to call her second home, the Fire's. She remembered the so many times they would invite her family over as kids, just so the two youngest could run upstairs after their meals and play. She missed that house. She missed the way thing used to be. But things have changed,

And so did he.

She then turned her gaze in the opposite direction to find the place where her dreams had been built. The Pokemon research lab sat on a tall hill surrounded by no other houses of that height. It was superior to the town.

She remembered the many times she was brought over as a kid to hear the lectures of the one and only Professor. She was only a young age when she decided she wanted to become a Pokemon master, but those dreams were quickly shattered as she matured.

Just then she looked to the neighbor's house nearest to her, the Oak's. It was a place she was forcefully dragged to along with her family. Her parents were good friends with his, but she couldn't stand his cocky and arrogant personality topped off with the hint of charm the young brat had tucked away behind all his bad qualities. Blue Oak was known for this.

Just then a window lit up in the house nearest her. It's sudden change caused her heart to almost skip a beat as she could be noticed any second. She had to make a sudden and bold decision.

She dashed across the grass towards route one faster than she's ever run before, leaving both memories and suffering behind her as the indigo sky began to light up.

First chapter. I can't tell if this book will be long of short but I'll just go with the flow.