Chapter 8: Voyage Home

This is not the end yet.  Short but explains some things about Trish's past.

The group had spent the night there at Liana’s home once again, and when morning arrived, they prepared to leave for Ninjago City.  The ninja were in their civilian clothes, now that they would be going back to their trades and set aside their elemental robes.  Trish was packing the small amount of possessions that she had into a small side satchel.  It only contained a small picture of her parents and the elemental robe and sword she now owned.  Trish had her mother’s hair and complexion, but had the heart and soul of her father who she was told was very strong.  He had the courage of stone, but had a very kind heart.  A tear crawled down her rosy cheek, which she wiped away quickly and told herself not to make a scene. 

     Trish was sitting on her bed as she put these things into the bag while Carmen sat on the bed across from her.  Carmen sat in silence with her hands folded as Trish finished gathering her things.  Trish turned towards Carmen who had not spoken a word.  She had just taken to staring on the floor since the day they came home from the skeleton battle.  Trish just thought that it was from the shock of the skeletons, but it wasn’t.

     “So…you’re leaving, for good.”  Carmen did not look straight at Trish, but Trish came over and sat down on Carmen’s bed.

     “Yes, I am, but that doesn’t make me different.  I am still your cousin.  I‘ll be far away, but I can still come to visit.”  Trish than saw Carmen’s distress, she was worried that she would never see her again.  They had always spent so much time together since Carmen’s parents had died from a deathly disease that spread across Kambono Village.

     “I know, but why can’t I come with you?  We’ll find an apartment, and when you fight bad guys, I’ll stay far away.”  Carmen said with a little bit of hope.

     Trish shook her head, “I would take you with me, but Granny needs you now more than ever when I’m gone.  I’m giving you a lot of responsibilities now.  Do you think you can do it?”  Trish spoke confidently.

     Carmen looked with a slight grin, “Okay.”  Trish hugged the girl.

     Outside, the gang waited for Trish to come.  They said their thanks to the farmer who had kept the dragons and the Samurai suit in his barn.  They thanked Liana, again, for her hospitality and packed their supplies onto the dragon’s back saddle.

     “I’m ready.”  Trish came out of the house with a small side bag with Carmen behind her.  Everyone knew it was hard on Carmen for her cousin to leave so soon, but they could not leave Ninjago City alone for long.

     Kai could not get over how pretty Trish was with her long black hair, funny humor, and skillful thinking.  Besides that, she also was an excellent fighter.  Though, he didn’t admit it to the others.

     “Well, this is it.”  Liana moved closer to Trish and smiled warmly at her.  “You will make me very proud,” Trish smiled at Liana’s comment.  “And you will also make your parents proud.”  Sadness filled Trish’s eyes as the thought of her parent came to her.  She was very young when her parents had die and could barley remember them.  They had been driving at night, missed the “under construction” sign, and fell into the reservoir that was bellow the constructional bridge.  The only one that survived the crash was Trish who was floating with warm blankets on the car door. 

     Seeing the tearful expression in Trish’s eyes, Nya and Kai came over, “Our parents died too.”  Nya explained with compassion.

     “Yeah, and were alright people.”  Kai jokingly said as Nya gave him a sideways glance.  “We’re now all a family: brothers and sister.”  The ninja and Nya came and group hugged the overjoyed girl.

     “I’ve never had brothers before, but it’s never too late to have five.”  The gang laughed and then jumped onto the dragons.

     The dragons were not to sure about Trish at first as she came on.  They began acting crazy and frustrated.  “It’s okay, fellas'.”  Lloyd said soothingly as he patted their four heads.  “She’s part of us now.”  He smiled at the glad newcomer.  Knowing that the Spinjitzu Master was accepting her into the group was reassuring to her stay.

     The gang waved good-bye to Liana and Carmen as the dragons and Samurai suit flew off into the rising sun. 

     Things were looking up now.  They found the last of the ninjas, which was good for their side.  However, what was the purpose of her joining them?  The Overlord was overthrown, so why was another needed?  Questions like these were asked in everyone’s heads.

     That night the group camped out in the desert.  Their fire was kept burning with Kai’s sword and Lloyd’s powers.  The group huddled around the fire as the temperature began to drop.  Sensei Wu, Nya, Lloyd, Kai, Zane, Cole, and Jay spent the night telling their stories to Trish from the beginning of their adventures.

      VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!  mikk14 :P