An old 'friend'

Time: Between TLO and TLH

Pairings: None

Words: 1974

Nancy walked into the classroom. It was their first Latin class after the summer break, and Mr. Blofis was probably going to give them a test or something. She sighed at that thought, and sat down on her usual seat. Nancy was always one of the first to arrive, so she took out her phone and began to fiddle around with it.

After a couple of minutes in complete boredom, her friend Katie came in. She was wearing her usual dirt stained jeans and a flower printed t-shirt. Katie smiled to Nancy and sat down beside her.

"So, how have you been this summer? We've barely seen each other!" Katie said.

Nancy smiled. "Well, I have been to Florida most summer. What have you been doing?"

"Summer camp," Katie answered, but she sounded happy about it; not something Nancy would have thought. When she heard the words 'summer camp,' she imagined something extremely boring, but Katie was a pretty special girl. She used almost all her time in her garden.

"Let me guess, something with plants?" Nancy grinned.

"Ha-ha," the other girl said sarcastically. She knew that Nancy really hated being outdoor. "No, actually it's a Greek inspired camp, so we learn things like sword fighting, and archery, and the like! It's so fun!"

"Doesn't really sound like something for me..." Nancy remarked.

They talked about a bit of everything, catching up on the last two months as the rest of their classmates arrived. The bell rang, indicating the lesson to begin, but Mr. Blofis still hadn't arrived.

Two minutes late, the door went up, and their teacher came in, but he wasn't alone. Together with him, he had a black haired, pretty good-looking boy. Nancy was immediately attracted to the guy.

Mr. Blofis stood up in front of the class and presented the boy.

"Class! Silence! This is Percy Jackson, he's new here, and he's going to stay here in our English class the rest of the semester." Mr. Blofis threw a half-nervous glance at Percy, but Percy just grinned. God, he had a cute smile...

"Percy you can sit down there in front of Katie," Mr. Blofis said, and Percy walked down there.

"Hi, Katie. Nice to see you here," he said with a smile as he sat down and turned his attention back to Mr. Blofis. Nancy stared from Percy's back head to Katie, sending her a silent question, where do you know him?

Katie giggled and muttered, "summer camp."

"Suddenly it sounds much more interesting..." Nancy whispered back, and earned more giggles.

"Nancy?" Mr. Blofis said. "Do you know?"

"Uhm..." she said, and Percy glanced briefly behind him, frowning a bit. She'd seen those sea green eyes before...

"No, you haven't," Mr. Blofis said, and Percy held up his hand. "Mr. Jackson?"

Percy cracked a smile. "King Minos. His wife, Pasiphaë... uh... had a child with a bull, the Minotaur," he said. Nancy saw that his shoulders tensed as he said the Minotaur's name, as if he was afraid it would come if called on. Katie looked a bit nervous as well.

Okayyy... He's both handsome and smart... Wow... Nancy thought, though she still couldn't think of where she'd seen him before.

"Correct," Mr. Blofis went on, "and what did king Minos do to this monster?"

Percy's hand flew up again, - please say he isn't like that all the time? - but Mr. Blofis pointed at Katie.