008 - Choices

5/21/2004

You had been rethinking your decision to head back to Japan. I really need to spend more time with the kids. I can't go back. Not with me doubting everything. In haste, you called L.

Please pick up. Please! You couldn't stand the fact of leaving your children again for God knows how long.

Luckily, your husband picked up. "What's wrong, ___? I know you wouldn't call so soon if it wasn't important."

"I can't come back. Light Yagami has no business seeing me, nor do I have any business being on that case right now. Please understand."

L sighed. "Of course I understand. Come back when you wish." He looked away, his face grim. In two months time, you can only contact Watari. I may need to handcuff myself to Yagami-Kun."

"That's so dangerous. God, I don't know what to do!" You began crying.

"___, you have to be strong." L looked at you with authority. "Don't come back to Japan."

"I won't. Not for now, at least. Would you be okay with me traveling the world with the kids?" You sobbed. "L, I really don't want to do anything without you here."

He shook his head. "Go for it. Get you and the children's' minds off Kira. It's not healthy for the three of you." L looked around the screen. "You've been so worried that you haven't been feeding yourself?!"

You sighed. "Until you mentioned it, I actually hadn't noticed that I'd stop eating."

"Eat, ___. And don't come back to Japan for a while. I love you." Your husband looked solemn.

"I love you too, L."

****************************************************************************************************

10/25/2004

After traveling around the world to Peru, Finland, Ireland, America, Canada, Spain, France, and Italy, you brought (fe/name) and (male/name) back to Wammy's House. It had been so exotic and exciting, and you were a little sad to see it end. The kids were young, so they wouldn't remember it too much. "When daddy, Wammy, and I are finally home for good, I promise we'll do it again." You tucked the exhausted children into bed. "Together."

It had taken five months for you to be back to a healthy mental state. You called Watari, hoping to retrieve case information. "What's the news, Wammy?"

"Misa Amane retrieved a recording of Higuchi confusing that he's Kira. The Task Force plans on pulling a stunt in a few days, using Matsuda behind a wall stating things about Higuchi/Kira." Wammy told everything that had happened - from Light, Soichiro, and Misa being detained to Matsuda exposing himself in front of Yotsuba.

Things were getting real now.

"I'm coming to Japan, Watari."

"I'll alert Ryuzaki. Leave tonight." With that, the two of you hung up.

******************************************************************************

You arrived in Japan as fast as humanly possible. Meeting with the investigators once more, you smiled at all of them. Noticing one was missing, you panicked. "Aizawa didn't die, did he?!"

Soichiro shook his head. "No. He needed to see his young family more."

"Thank God." You sighed. "By the way, in case you've forgotten, I'm Haruhi Fujioka."

Misa jumped up and down. "I like your name, Haruhi! Could I call you Fuji?"

Laughing, you replied. "So you're calling me a mountain?"