Monsters

Natasha POV

"Is my mom aware that you fight monsters?" Percy countered.

"She probably wouldn't be surprised." I replied.

"Well, ditto." Percy responded. "In fact, I'm pretty sure my mom knows for certain that I fight monsters."

I gestured to the blonde haired boy who was also wearing glasses. "Who's your friend?"

"Oh, I'm Jason." The friend introduced himself.

"You can fly." I stated.

"I can fly." Jason replied. "You can see through the mist?"

"The mist?" I asked.

"Ordinary mortals have minds that have difficulty processing the usual. The mist obscures from them anything that they would have difficult comprehending. It changes it to something that they would find more believable." Jason explained.

"Occasionally a mortal manages to see through the mist, like Rachel Dare, or my mom." Percy explained. "And apparently you."

"And why do you go around fighting Norse monsters?" I asked Percy.

"So it was Norse monster?" He wondered aloud. Then he laughed. "I really shouldn't be surprised at this point."

"What?" I asked.

"How much do you know about mythology?"

"Some." I replied. "I work with Thor from time to time."

The two boys exchanged glances.

"And who did you say she was?" Jason asked Percy.

"A friend of my mom's." Percy responded.

"Percy, I think I'm going to head back to camp." Jason said before flying away.

Percy and I were left alone.

"You appear to be a pretty good fighter." I noted.

"Yeah." He said awkwardly.

"Do you happen to be in need of a job?"

Thanks for reading. I welcome constructive criticism. If you liked it please don't forget to vote.