THE MONSTER, PROPHECY AND FOOD

Chapter 4
GABRIEL

After dinner I take a walk on the beach of Long Island, leaving my friends behind. I can see the perfect view with the eyeglass that my father gave to me. The beach was shining because of the moon, I can hear the silence in here.The wind is so cold so I put my both hands in my pocket, I keep walking and wondering in this silent night, and my mind wandered to my father's words.If Eros said I have a gift, and wonder how can I save Him, 'All of us.'.

I pull out my both hands from my pocket and touch the ring that my father gave me, I began fidgeting it. I imagine holding a weapon, heavy yet perfect in my hands. Suddenly my ring began glowing white, the light blinding my eyes.

A bow on my hands appeared, just your typical bow, except it's completely white, even the very strings of the darn thing. I turned it back to ring with a sigh, and put my hands again in my pocket.

As minutes go by, I saw a man from afar, facing the ocean. I stared at him, noticing his completely white outfit, from head to toe. He turned to my direction, and I took a sharp intake of air. I ran to him, messy blonde hair blowing in the wind.

"Father" I called to him as soon as I was within his earshot. I came to a halt to catch my breath.

"Gabriel, my son." He smiled, offering a hand to pat my back.

"What are you doing here?"

"I had to come see if you were okay."

"Erm, uh, yeah, I'm okay" I murmured under my breath. 'I think..'

"Did you know the God of the sea, my son?" He asked, red eyes staring unto the blue-green ocean.

"Uhmm, uh ... Poseidon?" I answered, scratching my messy hair.

"Correct, and do you know his son?" He didn't make eye contact and seemed to be in a trance by the beautiful sparkling of the ocean.

Couldn't blame the guy, though.

"Uh, He's Percy Jackson, the greatest demigod of all time, and the saviour of Mount Olympus"

"Right." He broke off from his infatuation with the ocean and faced me. "One day, you'll be like him, you're going to save Olympus, your friends, me..."

"Wait what?"

"Soon, son." He smiled and put his hands on each of my shoulders. "You will, dear child of mine, bring peace and love. You'll be a hero."

I'm starting to think he's a bit knocked up in the head. I mean, the only reason why I'm "unique" is because of my red eyes. I'm not a strong demigod, I don't even know how to use my bow, I'm not witty as Athena's children, charming as Aphrodite's kids. I'm not a hero that Olympus needs, I'm not the one who can "save us all". I'm, I'm not Percy Jackson.

"Make me proud, Gabriel." He said with a gentle yet ominous smile. He then faced the moonless sky. The moon's light was blocked by huge clouds, making everything I see yet darker.

"I need to go." My dad says with a raspy voice. I knew he was in a hurry.

I just nodded at him and closed my eyes, covering them with my glasses.

He was gone by the time I opened my eyes and started to head back to my cabin.

"Something isn't right." I turned my head and the ocean disappered, replaced by emptiness and darkness.

I started sprinting to the only beacon of light I spotted a girl holding a glowing dagger casting a look of determination on her beautiful tanned skin.

Her choppy, uneven hair made quite a contrast to her luminous eyes that didn't seem to have a solid color.

"Hey." I reached out to her since she didn't seem to notice me.