Empathy

*Shane's POV*

Well, I'm really bored. I have spent most of the last few days just sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing. If I don't find something to do, I might go insane. Maybe, I'll call Joey and see if he wants to hang out.

It's been a while since the last time I talked to him, and there are some things that have changed since then.

First off, I'm bi. Well technically, that never changed, but I never brought any attention to it.

Secondly, Lisa and I broke up. It was completely mutual, and there was almost no conflict. We just decided that things were getting stale and we should move on. But, we're still best friends, and we still live together; the only thing that's really different is that we sleep in different rooms.

I should definitely call Joey.

^Joey's POV^

I was woken up by my phone playing Superluv, my ringtone for when Shane called. It was perfect for him. I mean, it's his song, and I will admit that I have a little bit of a crush on him.

Anyway, I picked up my phone, answering groggily.

Joey: Hey, what's up?

Shane: Nice morning voice. Did I wake you up?

Joey: Yea.

Shane: Sorry, I didn't realize you slept in this late.

Joey: What time is it?

Shane: It's a little after noon.

Joey: Oh. Well, it's been a kind of long week. Anyway, what's going on?

Shane: Nothing much. I was just wondering if you wanted to come hang out later. It's been a while, and maybe, we could film some videos or something.

Joey: Sounds great! When should I come over?

Shane: Whenever works for you.

Joey: Cool. I'll probably be over in a couple hours.

Shane: Alright, see you then. Bye.

Joey: Bye.

Great! Now I have a good reason to leave the house. If I'm not here, I won't have to deal with Sawyer. For the past few weeks, we've spent most of our time arguing over stupid stuff. We just can't seem to get along, and I honestly don't want to deal with it. And, the fact that Sawyer feels bad about it makes me feel even worse.

I'm an Empath, which means that I feel what other people are feeling. I feel everyone's emotions all of the time. If they're depressed, I am automatically depressed, no matter how happy I was before. Sometimes, if someone is in enough physical pain, I'll feel that too, but that's usually just close friends and family.

As I got ready, I started to get excited to see Shane because he's always happy, so I know he will make me feel better. It'll be nice to get out of this mood Sawyer set me into, even if it's just for a little while.

*Shane's POV*

I really need to figure out something to do while he's here. I saw Tyler and Marcus do a messy Twister thing. That could be fun. I should probably text him and tell him to bring extra clothes.

{Shane: U might want 2 bring some extra clothes when u come.

Joey: Y?

Shane: It's a surprise! ;)

Joey: Should I b nervous?

Shane: No. It'll b fine. Trust me.

Joey: That didn't help. Anyway, c u in a few.

Shane: L8r :) }

This should be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note: So, this is the first chapter of my first fan fiction, and I feel like it sucks. Tell me what you think in the comments. Also, feel free to leave ideas and/or constructive criticism so I can improve this story. If you've read this far, thank you. If you sneezed recently, bless you. Deuces! ^_^