Chapter Eighteen

Alyster stood by the bar, chatting it up with someone unfamiliar to me. Taking a sip out of the glass mug on the table, I looking away from him and looked down at my fingernails to mess with the chipping paint.
    "Are you sure you want to do this?" I was drug from my picking, looking up to see Alyster with one hand shoved into the pocket of his skinny jeans, and the other clutched a small paper bag.
    "Why wouldn't I?" I asked, sitting up straighter in the wooden chair. Shrugging his shoulders he sat down at the table across from me, pulling out his hand up and pushing over the little bag. "It has to get done some time." I mumbled. Pulling the bag closer to me, I looked in it. Seeing exactly what I suspected, I looked back up at him. "Should we do it here?" I asked.
    "If you want." Alystered shrugged his shoulders once again. "Or, we can go back to the apartment."
    "Maybe we should do that." It was a statement. I would feel uncomfortable doing it here and the waiting would just make it worse.
    It had been three months since Alyster and I became, well, something. There wasn't a lot that we haven't done. He had kept to himself but told his mum the wedding was still on. I was surprised about that. From what I understood, with Alyster's little scene, she was too.

As soon as we got back to the apartment, Alyster opened the paper back himself, pulling out the box he flipped it over twice, looking up at me with a light smirk. "Alright." He hummed and started to tear the box open. "Two lines is yes." Looking back down at the box, he nodded. "One is no." He looked back up at me, sighing heavily. In his voice he was nervous, but I knew he wouldn't come out and say he was. Stepping closer to him, I smiled and took the box from his hand.
    "Don't be so nervous." I whispered, leaning up to kiss him softly on the lips. "It'll all be okay." Smirking I pulled out the test, making my way back to the bathroom.
    "You want me to come with?" He called. Not being able to stop a little laugh, I turned to look at him holding onto the door.
    "No, Alyster. I'll be okay." I nodded, closing the door behind me as I stepped in. Taking a deep breath, I looked down at the pregnancy test and sighed. "God."

    ---

"Baby!" I heard Alyster call. Looking up from my laptop, I turned around in the spinning chair. A little giggle was heard as the door flew open to the study. Alexander came running in, looking exactly like his father with his long shaggy black hair and bright green eyes. The two year old ran over, hugging my knees and laying his head on top of my thighs. He's so tall for his age.
Ruffling his hair through my fingers I laughed happily, picking up the little boy. "Mama!" He giggled, hugging my neck tightly.
"Prince!" Smiling wide I hugged him back, seeing an out of breath Alyster rush in through the open door. He laughed, shaking his head and walked closer to us.
"He's fast for just learning to run." Alyster mumbled, bending down to plant a kiss on Alexander's head and then my lips. Smirking at him, I helped Alexander sit on my lap.
"Daddy's just gotta learn to keep up doesn't he, prince?" I asked, looking at our son. The little boy giggled and nodded his head quickly, his black hair flying in all directions.
"Of course he'll agree with his mum." Alyster pointed out, chuckling softly. "Are you ready, darling?" He then asked, running his fingers through my hair.
"I just finished the chapter." I smiled up at Alyster, standing up along with Alex on my hip. "Meet you in the car?"
"In the car." Alyster smiled back, pecking my cheek.
Once we found out I was pregnant with Alexander, we decided to stay together. If things fell apart, we'd coparent. Alyster and I have been dating for two years and planned to get married next month. I've always believed people have a soulmate. One true love that will never fade. Alyster Collins is mine.