four

Text Conversation

Me: Why didn't you just straight up tell me?
Alaska: ???
Me: You knew this whole time didn't you
Alaska: Knew what? What are you talking about?
Me: You know exactly what I'm talking about.
Alaska: ...
Alaska: ohhh
Alaska: pussy I'm so sorry. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to tell you so bad. It's just that Adore's my friend too.
Me: I gotta go.
Alaska: Wait I'm sorry! I really am.

I read her text and turned off my phone. I stared at my own reflection at the dark screen. I looked like a mess. My eyes were puffy, my hair was tangled, and my throat hurt from screaming.

I threw my phone at the wall, not caring if it broke or not. This is the last time I'm ever letting myself get hurt. Is there a switch where I can just shut off my emotions? That'd be great right about now.

I can't believe I actually thought Adore and I had something special. We've only been dating for a year and then some but we developed a strong bond from the start. Where'd things go wrong?

No. I need to stop. I can't drown myself in toxic thoughts. I just need to focus on me. That's all I need. Myself...right?

I grabbed my phone off the floor; just a small scratch thank goodness. I took a picture of the scattered shards of my broken vase with my phone and went to instagram.

 I took a picture of the scattered shards of my broken vase with my phone and went to instagram

Liked by adoredelano and 3,144 others
I'd wish you the best, but you already had it. 🔓

My breath hitched. She liked that real damn fast. I quickly clicked on her page and unfollowed her. I didn't want anything to do with her. Not right now, not later, not ever.