Chapter 5

"The crow is a bit much. Don't you think?" I hiss as the crow keeps cawing inside my room.

"Wait to see what I can do with the fog." he says and a smirk plasters on his face.

"Why did you get here?" I ask annoyed by his presence.

"I couldn't miss your first day at school!" he says sarcastically as he looks around my room.

I look at him with disbelief. Why did he come here? Why now? What does he want?

"Your hair is different. I like it." he continues cheekily.

"It's been 15 years, Louis." I say harshly trying to bring some sense to him and force him give me some answers.

"Thank God! I couldn't take another day at the 90s! That horrible grange look did not suit you.." he mocks me.

"Why are you here?!" I demand, losing all my patience.

He turns and gives me an 'innocent' look.

"I missed my little brother." he laughs.

"You hate small towns, they are boring, there is nothing for you to do." I say back.

"I managed to keep my self busy." he answers casually and continues searching my room.

"You know, you left that girl alive tonight. That was very 'clumpsy' of you."

"Ah!" he exclaims spuriously for his mistake. "That could be a problem...for you." and a devilish smirk appears on his face.

I shake my head. After all these years, after everything, hasn't he changed even a little? Did nothing at all make him have some humanity, some sense?

"Why are you here now?" I ask again waiting for the truth.

"I could ask you the same question. However, I'm fairly certain you answer could be one little word." he says as he approaches me.

"Emily." His eyes glow.

"Emily? You know? Is she Mary's replacement? Is it working Liam? Being around her, being in her world makes you feel alive?" he continues as his blue eyes shine with excitement because he knows my weakness.

"She is not Mary." I warn him.

Even though they look completely different, Emily reminds me of her. Not in her behaviour, of course. Mary was a manipulative bitch and she deserved what happened. All I want right now is to be with her and protect her; from anything and anyone.

"Well, let's hope not!" he says ironically. "We both know how that ended."

We both pause for a moment when memories start coming back. However, Louis brings me back to present day.

"Tell me something, When was the last time you had something stronger than a squirrel?" he continues mocking me for my diet on animals and not on humans.

"I know what you're doing Louis and it's not going to work." I inform him and turn to leave. I don't wanna have this conversation now.

He hits me hard on the chest, making me turn back to him.

"Come on! Don't you crave a little?"

"Stop it!" I warn him.

And he continues hitting me, preventing me from leaving.

"Let's do it. Together. I saw a couple of girls. Oh! What am I saying? Let's cut the chase! Let's go straight for Emily!" he shouts, acting like a lunatic.

"Stop it!" I shout back to make him stop.

"Imagine how her blood tastes like! I can!"

That moment I lost complete control and I let my vampire instincts and senses take over. Enraged by his sayings I fling myself at him, taking him down with me at the garden after breaking my room's window. I gasp in pain as I'm on the ground. Broken glass is all around me, but Louis is nowhere to be found. I turn my gaze and I see him there all amused, not having a scratch. He laughs making me feel humiliated.