The Lonely

I have friends.

Well... I do. They just don't really exist. 

I'm not talking to myself. I'm just compensating for my loneliness by creating imaginary friends. It isn't strange! Well... maybe a little bit. For a high schooler. I'm not even sure what they look like, though. 

They don't really have faces. Or shapes. Just voices, mainly. I'm not crazy, though. 

I don't think I am, anyway.  To be honest, my friends have been more of a recent development. After all, real people... suck. Like, badly. I hate them. They're all so snobby, you know? And they lie... I hate liars. Liars are pretty much the reason the human race is going to die off. At least, that's what I think. Humans could die when the sun inevitably self-destructs, who knows what'll happen?

Anyway, people are cruel and selfish. Too real to be friends, really. 

Except for this one kid. He was different, you know? I thought so, at least... He never really spoke. He was almost like a ghost. To quiet to lie. Or be cruel and selfish, for that matter.  I thought he'd make a decent friend! 

Or... so I thought.

I tried talking to him. I did, I really tried. He always brushed me off, though... said he was busy. That he didn't have time to deal with me. That he was working. Even when he clearly wasn't... He always has his nose in a book, anyway!

I eventually stopped trying. Stopped caring whether or not he at least talked to me. Because he's just like the rest... just a bit different. Why did I get my hopes up?

He's a snob... a fraud. To bad to waste my time, honestly... I can't believe I fell for it. He's worse than the rest of them.

Until... he said "Hello...", his voice soft and hesitant. But oh, no, he wasn't saying it to me.

He was saying it to a girl, a girl I hate, a girl that pretends like she's everyone's friend. A girl that never extended that olive branch to me. A liar.

I'm furious. 

I follow that boy home, the boy I idolized, the boy I even liked  for a short, short while...

Oh... my friends are telling me to stop.... they're saying it isn't right. 

I break down. 

"SHUT THE HELL UP!"

"YOU AREN'T EVEN REAL!"

They disappear without a trace.

i know where he lives now

i know im broken

so

why the hell should i just sit and take it?

i know... hes going home alone today

and so i wait

Without his friends pieced together from the depths of loneliness...

there's nothing left to restrain him.

 i wait

and when he comes...

i attack

and 

laugh

---

I stop.

I look down at him. 

Bruised. Battered. Unrecognizable.

My face feels sticky. 

I reach up and touch it, looking at my hand when I pull it away.

Blood. 

I'm horrified. 

had

done

thi s

?

---------------------

-Author's Note-

Hey, guys~! In case you didn't realize, all of the grammatical errors in this story are completely intentional. If they weren't, I'd probably die of embarrassment! So read with an open mind, alright? And, by the way, all of the last three parts featured different characters. You'll know when someone comes back. Trust me.