Chapter 1

She ran, ran as fast as she could. She didn't dare look back. The sound up ahead was so faint but so loud at the same time. It sent her heart racing in fright.

"Marien- help me!" Her five year old little sister called out in utter distraught.

"Lanie!" Marien yelled, but it was too late.

Her sister was being held by a short man, with bulgy eyes, and a round face. Before Marien had the chance to stop him, before she had the chance to react, with one swift movement he cut Lanie's throat open.

He pushed Lanie to the ground where she started to choke on her own blood. She frantically held her throat trying to stop the pain, but five year old Lanie was unsuccessful. With one final breath, her eyes rolled to the back off her head, and there on the ground stood her little sister, her 5 year old sister, dead, gone.

Forever.

I woke up panting, sweat covering my eyebrows, and a cold liquid running down my cheek. I swiftly wiped the tear away with my left arm, taking in my surroundings. I especially looked over to my kid sister, who was sleeping soundly in her bed. I saw her chest ride up and down subtly, signifying that she was indeed still alive.

I let out a breath of relief. That nightmare seemed so real.

I checked the time on the nightstand, and cursed when I realized I had overslept. I had gone to sleep at nine, thinking I could take a quick one hour nap before having to make our great escape. But I should've known better, when I nap, I nap. I was hoping to leave this house around ten, because my adoptive mother gets off work sometime past twelve in the morning.

It's one in the morning now. So if she isn't home yet, she will be soon. Not wanting to take the chance to be caught, I silently got up from my poor excuse of a mattress, and stretched. Then I quietly walked over to Lanie, hovering over her small sleeping body.

"Lanie grab your things." I told her softly, while shaking her a bit. "It's time to go." I whispered.

"But why? I don't wanna go!" Lanie groaned in a sleepy voice. She yawned, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. She then looked at me blankly, a frown playing on her lips. I looked into her big, green, gorgeous eyes. The same eyes that our real mother had.

"Lanie we need to go. We aren't safe here, you saw what that women did yesterday." I told Lanie helping her out of bed to get her ready.

I gagged at the memory. That women had tied a her own brother to a chair and tortured him until he died from shock. If it wasn't for our werewolf hearing we probably would've never heard him. I didn't know what I was walking into when I went to see what was happening.

I wanted to help him, he was the only one who actually paid Lanie and I mind.

Joke was on me though, because when I got there it was already too late.

You can imagine my horror when I saw him hunched over, bloodied, and dead. She had tortured him over some drugs he had stolen in order to buy Lanie some medicine she needed a while back. That bitch was truly evil. I felt my mood sour just thinking about that incident.

As I helped my little sister out of her spongebob jammies, I made sure to keep a listening ear for any sound of that she-devil reincarnated.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that Lanie had accidentally found some cocaine and dropped them into the lake. I wouldn't be so scared of her. But she killed her own brother for stealing drugs, imagine what she'd do to my baby sister who wasn't even her own blood.