Chapter 3

Mariens pov.
14 days later

'"I'm bringing sexy back"

"What the hell?" I groaned, my voice croaky and my eyes still closed.

"Yeah."

I looked at the black alarm clock, and rolled my eyes. In big red letters it showed 6:00am. I tapped it aimlessly before finding the right button, so it could shut up. "Dumb singing stupid alarm friggin clock."I mumbled incoherent words to myself, feeling my eyes start to close again.

Don't get me wrong, I love Justin Timberlake, he's wonderful. Just not at the crack of dawn.

A girl needs her beauty sleep people!

"Its 6 am in the freaking morning.." I complained, crashing my head back onto the pillow. I closed my eyes, tugging the blanket closer to me.

"Get up, Marien."

Already irritated, I growled lowly while I opened my eyes and lifted my head up to see Alex at the doorway. I let my head fall back onto the pillow, closing my eyes and wrapping myself in the blanket better.

"No.."I whined into my pillow. Waking up at six in the morning was not something I take pleasure in doing. I absolutely loathe the idea.

"Yes..." He mocked. "You have to go to school." he said with a ghost of a smile.

School? School? Is he kidding? Just the thought of public school made me want to vomit. Lanie and I were homeschooled by a tutor, so we never had to wake up so early to learn about dead people and imaginary numbers.

I knew this day was coming too, but nobody is every prepared to face the inevitable.

"I dont want to go!" I muttered while stuffing my face into my pillow. "Bad things happen at school." My voice was muffled because of the pillow so I don't think he heard me.

"That's too bad, get up." He said sternly.

"Wha-what about if Freddy Krueger came to kill me?" I asked, lifting my head up and looking at him, bewildered.

He gave me a blank look.

"-What!? it can happen." I defended.

He rolled his eyes, and leaned against the door frame. "You have imagination kid i'll give you that." he told me.

"Alright enough chit chat time to get up!" Oh great, another adult disturbing my beauty sleep. Annoyed, and slightly irritated, I glared at both Lexi and Alex.

"Fine, but if Freddy Krueger does come I will be the first to tell him your address!" I huffed,  sitting up and stretching. I yawned loudly, blinking a couple of times before sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Trust me, we've heard this all before." Alex stated. "Luke however used Michael Myers." He laughed.

Lexi joined in. "Remember when he said Chucky was going to kill him if he went to kindergarten." Lexi giggled.

Alex and Lexi laughed together. "Priceless." Alex said mid-laughter.

I looked at the couple, biting back my smile because I was suppose to be annoyed at them. They were so cute together I always loved seeing them smile and interact with each other. It reminded me of my mom and dad, they were just as goofy together, probably more.

Sighing to myself, I grabbed a towel off my dresser.

"Breakfast is downstairs when you finish dear." Lexi left the room, and I could hear her laughing to herself as she walked down the hallway.