Why so quickly

Today is a week after I broke up with Hunter. Something terrible has happened. Over the weekend my dog Gia was very sick. She was diagnosed with dog diabetes. She had days to live. On a monday afternoon she was on the brink of death. My dad blew up an air mattress and laid next to her until she slept.
At two thirty in the morning, I woke up. I was falling back asleep and when I saw Gia running through the back yard in a dream like vision. She was happy. I was at peace. I knew she was gone.
I woke up with my alarm and went outside. My dad was standing in the kitchen next to Gia, who was under a blue sheet. I looked at him and he knoded. That was all he needed to do was knod. I knelt by her side and petted her head and said,"good dog, Gia". When I went to school I was in shock. To much was going on. Also during that day was the first time I've ever been bullied or has had anyone be rude to me. I was called a little girl. It hurt. I was too fragile at that point. I just took it and turned around. The same person talked to me again and I told them why people were "pitying" me. They said they felt horrible. I didn't really believe that at the time. I was still in shock.

In the honor of Taylor.
R.I.P. you are missed dearly.