Music Box | You

A/N

I am cringing so much from my previous one-shots. I noticed a lot of mistakes. 😭 But anyways, it's been a long time I've been hiatus and I might as well write this shortie before I forget the idea. 😂 Enjoy reading~! ^^

[The music box's tune:☝🏻️🙄☝🏻️]

• • •

MUSIC BOX
|You|

GENRE: | Fluff | Angst | Friendship |

TYPE: | Scenario | Poem | Shortie | Texts | Shots |

WORDS: 265

• • •

Each key you pressed to a melody spread throughout the room. The melody was familiar as you remembered the last time you were struggling to learn the song. You couldn't remember where it came from.

The song you played soon jumbled up when an unwanted note rang in your ears. You glanced at your right to see your daughter looking up to you with an impatient expression and puffed cheeks.

"Mom," she pouted.

"What is it, princess?"

"I was calling you for almost an hour and you aren't answering," her eyes became teary.

"Ah," you scratched your head in embarrassment. It would be weird to tell your own kid that you were daydreaming and trying to remember what the title of the song you were playing. "I'm just thinking of dad, don't worry." You assured her with a smile.

"Okayy~."

"So, what's the matter?"

"Oh! I forgot the box!" Your daughter scurried out of the room with her little legs and silently muttered 'cute'.

A chuckle came out of your lips when you heard a crash of toys from outside. Your fingers were about to press the keys until you heard a tune echoing outside the room. Furrowing your eyebrows, you glanced at the doorway seeing your daughter running to you with a dusty old but elegant box.

"Mom, what's this?" She placed the box on the chair you were sitting on. Removing the dust from the box with her hands, she opened it slowly.

You hear the familiar melody and soon, all the memories soon of your favorite band came flashing through your mind.