Chapter Four

A/N- Chapter four already- been hard to write the chapter as I've been fighting writer's block by trying to write a Kuroshitsuji/ Black Butler Novel. It worked though ^_^

A clear lake, purple

flowers all around....

They're beautiful, aren't they?

A heavenly scent coming

from violets...

A perfect meadow

Surrounded by the flawless nature,

You take in the breathless scene

And all the purple flowers,

Seem to begin to sing....

We could stay here forever...

The soft and sweet sound of her voice...

Your could always be with me...

Her sad and lovely song to me...

We can always be together...

In the dark forest

Where you will always get lost

I'll always wait here,

Waiting for my next new friend

The reason that everyone stays away

From the woods, that reason

Is me.

I'll wait for you to come to me

(She'll wait for you to come to her)

I'll sing to you next, and make sure

(She'll sing to you next, and make sure)

You stay with me

(You stay with her)

If I catch you with my

(If she catches you with her)

False voice, I'll love you

(false voice, she'll capture you)

And keep you

(and never again)

Here with me

(let you go)

For eternity.

Purple Forest by Miku Hastune and Kaito from Vocaloid (English Translation)

---

“That was close!” Robyn exclaimed.

We all laughed in response, as if we had just been caught breaking in an old abandoned house. Mail's blonde ponytail jumped up and down, as he shook his head us us all.

“Right pair of bananas, aren't we?” Mail chuckled, still shacking his head at the sight of us.

“Yeah!” I cried, laughing in between breaths. My eyes shone with a new type of emotion, my breaths giddy and excited. I hadn't had felt this way for years- it was like a disease, unrecognisable DNA particles. It was foreign yet inviting. It was beautiful feeling. Like the story of the Purple Woods...No not that story- that story was a false sense of happiness but this is real. Why do I have to fill my head with such nonsense and gore- such demanding secrecy. Such dark tales for a early teenager- at this rate I'll not end a rose- a nightshade, deadly nightshade. That's what I'll turn into, deadly nightshade. But we're not out of these woods yet, she's still out there- almost had us as well but we jumped. Jumped out of the window. Knowing her, she'll chase us and track us in till we are caught and possibly dead.

“Hey what's up?” Mail asked, concerned and attentive. “Your mood has spirally decreased...”

“It's a thing she does, her condition.” Robyn hissed and nudged him, as to say 'you should be careful of your choice of words'. To be frank, though, I didn't really care.

“I'm glad we got away from her, though...” Mail sighed, his mood lightening again.

“No, we're not out of the woods yet- she'll follow us in till she gets us and what she wants...” I told him, my black orbs darkening like smoke from an untamed fire.

“How will we?” Asked Robyn, her voice inquiring.

“There's one place, but it's believed to be haunted, though there has been no reports of sightings of the supernatural. But it is quite spooky at night.” I told them, “one place- if it doesn't work we may as well be killed by her.”

“What place is it? We'll take any chances- no matter how big or small the percentage of getting out of these woods.” Mail gasped.

“You may not like it, it is quite a common place- one of the city's most popular attractions, though it is deserted now. Southsea Castle.” I smirked at their faces. Robyn's concealed by a blank mask but eyebrows twitching slightly. Mail's face much more distressed.

“We're in the purple forest- she's trying to make us go to her. It won't work, we have to go or they'll be no escape for us...”

“Really?” They both asked, raised eyebrows.

“Yes. But we can only go in there if everyone agrees.” I reasoned.

Robyn put her hand out and I put mine on top of hers.

“Everyone,” I repeated.

Mail hesitated, his lip quavering slightly. He timidly raised his hand and put it on top of mine. I smiled.

“We don't have to, you don't need to feel forced.” I told him.

“No, I want to, I will do this.” His brows furrowed in determination and sprinted in the way to Southsea castle.

Robyn laughed at how much he could be persuaded. A little but of reverse psychology could psyche him up so much. No it was just a matter of time to see if she came after us. Southsea Castle was a naturally haunted place, we could be chased by other ghosts or sadistic 'twins' so it was a win-win kind of situation...