First Night

When I step off the train the boys told me I needed to go with the first years, so I walked over to a tall man with long black hair and a long black beard who was shouting "firs' years! Firs' years o here!"

The tall man brought us to a lake where we got in small boats and travel across to Hogwarts. We were getting closer so I was looking out for Hogwarts but it was nothing like I expected, it was a massive castle surrounded by a forest it looked magical.

Stepping of the small boats we were greeted by a old woman with her hair tied back in a near bun "Welcome to Hogwarts, The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the great hall you will be sorted in to your houses. The sorting is a very important ceremony because while you are here your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points will be awarded the House Cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours. The sorting ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."

A few minutes later the woman called Professor McGonagall lead us into the great hall, but instead of a roof there was floating candles it was magnificent. While waking in I saw James, Peter, Sirius and Remus sitting at a table with red and gold colors, that must be Gryffindor I thought. At the top of the hall there was a hat sitting on a stool, I remember Remus telling me that it was the sorting hat and it would say what house I was in.

"Tyche Jackson" Professor McGonagall called out, I walked up the isle and sat on the stool while the hat was placed on my head. Ohhh smart one we have here, but not Ravenclaw. Definitely not Huffelpuff too mischievous, ahhh a big secret you have my dear. Very brave oh yes I think it will have to be Gryffindor!'

"Gryffindor!" The hat shouted, the whole Gryffindor table was cheering, I quickly ran over and sat beside Sirius. "Welcome to Gryffindor" James said, I was about to reply "Welcome" Dumbledore said. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! I turned around to be greeted with an empty gold plate and load of plates of food around the table, it all looked so good. I piled my plate full of potatoes and vegetables "Are you happy to be in Gryffindor?" James asked me "Oh yeah it's really good well from what I've seen so far" I chuckled.

After dinner we followed the prefect to a painting of a Fat Lady "Password?" She said "Wattlebird" the prefect replied "Make sure you remember the password or else you won't be allowed in" He then told us.

Stepping in to the common room I was greeted by James and friends "Hey Tyche come sit over here!" I walked over to the boys that were sitting on a sofa in front of the fire place "Hey guys" I said to them "Sit here" Remus told me while shuffling up so I could sit next to him, when I was sitting down Sirius stated "Wait your not from here are you?" My heart beat quickened, Does he know I'm a Demigod? I thought. "Yeah you have a different accent" James agreed. Oh thank the gods I thought "No, I'm from America" I told them "Why didn't you go to a school there then?" Remus asked "I don't know I just got a letter telling me to come here" I lied, cause the truth is that Hogwarts was the only school that wanted a Demigod.

"Hey Tyche right? I'm Lily from the train" Lily greeted me in our dorm room "Yeah hey" I replied "Are you excited for your first day in classes tomorrow?" Lily question after she sat on her bed next to mine. "Yeah I'm a bit nervous though" I admitted "I'm sure you'll be fine" She said reassuringly "Yeah well I best get to sleep now early start" I told Lily "Yeah I'll wait for you in the morning so we can get breakfast together before class" Lily said "Okay thanks Lily" I responded "No worries Goodnight Tyche" She said "Night" I replied.

And with that I snuggled down in to my bed and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.