Shift?

Re-Cap:

By the time we make it into the forest, its one minute midnight.

Chapter 3

1:00AM The numbers that are ruining my life. We've been out here for an hour nothing's happened, I don't know why I'm not shifting yet it should have happened an hour ago. Maybe I really am a freak like they all tell me.

" Daddy it's been an hour, why isn't it happening? What's wrong with me am I a freak like they say" 

" No sweetie there's nothing wrong with you maybe you're just a late bloomer. I mean some wolves don't shift until they find their mate so maybe you just have to wait until then." My father said trying to make me feel better about myself.

"I'm never going to find a mate who wants to be with a fat girl like me" I replied to him . 

" Of course you will I'm sure whoever is your mate will love you for you no matter how big or small you are. "

We started walking back to the house because it's obvious I was going to shift tonight maybe later . We got back to the house I couldn't sleep . I stayed up most the night thinking about my mate will be like, wondering whether or not he like me for me whether or not he'll reject me because I'm fat . When I finally fell asleep I had dreams of a mysterious man sweeping me off my feet telling me he loves me. But moments later he disappeared , he was replaced by all the kids you made fun of me, 3 yelling mean things telling me nobody really loved me and that I could never have a mate because I'm a freak...

I woke up with a start, trying to convince myself that it was just a dream. I was crying and for a second I even believed what they were saying, and felt sorry for myself. I looked over at the clock and realized that I had slept in late today.

"Welp, no school for me today." I got up and did my morning routine before getting up and walking to the forest to wait and see if I'd shift today. When I finally got to a secluded part of the forest I quickly realized that I wasn't alone.  There was a black wolf sitting under a tree lazily under the shade. I accidentally stepped on a pile of leaves alerting him of my presence.

As he was about to run I got a glimpse of is beautiful golden eyes.  They looked so human, and so familiar I just couldn't put a finger on it . Then it hit me like a ton off bricks. The Alpha's son...

——————————————————-

Update finally. School just ended  and its a little short but I hope you like it . TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

Ebony