Sorry

Chapter VIII {3rd Person}

"Where's Jimmy?" Johnny asked quietly, glancing around the school hall where they always met up before school.

Matt frowned and shrugged; "Probably skipping."

Johnny sighed. He knew full well that Jimmy was scared of pushing him away; they hadn't spoken since the older boy's birthday. Not that either had tried all that hard- admittedly, neither was good at confrontation or solving their own conflicts, and avoiding the situation completely seemed easiest for them both, albeit being an unspoken agreement. At this point, though, Johnny knew one of them had to do something, and as long as Jimmy thought that his boyfriend was upset, it wouldn't be him.

Determined and a little nervous, Johnny headed for the third-hall bathrooms; it was where they always skipped, a crumbly corner with two out of three stalls out-of-order and paint peeling. The school either didn't care about maintenance, or just didn't want to deal with the amount of damage in that particular bathroom. Graffiti decorated the walls, Sharpied scriptures of high school students long gone-- an entire stall door was dedicated to Metallica and blink-182, while another had someone's SAT answers hastily scribbled down.

Johnny found Jimmy in the far stall, half pack of cigarettes on the dirty floor between his stretched-out legs.

"Hey," the shorter boy murmured, joining Jimmy on the floor and producing a lighter. Jimmy smiled slightly and pulled two cigarettes from the box.

"Hey yourself."

They sat in silence for a while, broken only by the final bell for first hour rang.

At last, Jimmy sighed. "I'm sorry. I was drunk, which is a dumb excuse, but I'm sorry."

"I forgive you," Johnny answered simply, leaning over Jimmy and tapping the ashes of his cigarette into the toilet seat.

"Just like that?"

"Just like that. I know you mean it, and I know you wouldn't do it sober. Alcohol messes with your head. It's okay." With that, Johnny closed the six-inch gap between them, pressing up against his grinning boyfriend's side.

"I love you," Jimmy muttered, feeling a swell in his insides, like a balloon filling up and pressing against his organs. Johnny just flicked away the butt of his cigarette and kissed the underside of Jimmy's jaw.

a/n: super short, super sweet. couldn't make them mad at each other for too long-- plus, this has been in my head for a while now c: I also might be going to be starting a new Synacky in a little bit (vampire/werewolf au, yay! drama, commense!) anyway, thanks for reading. until next time,

xxJack