Part Four

"John! Look out!"

He turned the second that he heard Cici's voice again; it sounded slightly different than a second ago.

And he discovered why right away.

There, in front of him, was the T-1000; its arm blade extracted to cut him in half.

It was just about to do so before one of them began to disintegrate.

Confusion settling on the liquid metal Terminator's face, it suddenly disintegrated as well. In a matter of seconds, all of the T-1000's form was rendered to that of a soppy puddle on the floor.

"Holy shit!" John exclaimed, just as he noticed Cici – the real Cici and not a T-1000 copy – standing across the corridor with a Super Soaker water gun in hand.

She was dressed a bit differently. At the moment, she wasn't wearing the hoodie of her preceding regeneration, or his blue jeans. She was adorned in a skintight pair of black jeans with a different pair of boots to match. She also had on a necktie that was more colorful than the ones her predecessor often wore – apparently, this new regeneration still had his affinity for them.

"You O.K.?" she asked John.

"Yeah," John acknowledged. "What did you hit him with?"

Cici tossed the emptied Super Soaker aside. "Acid. Didn't have any molten steel lying around, so I improvised." Her demeanor then became stricter, approaching the future leader of the Resistance. "But, more importantly, what're you doing wandering around the T.A.R.D.I.S.?"

"We were looking for you," John said. "Thought we'd split up to cover more ground that way."

"John, this is the T.A.R.D.I.S.," Cici scoffed. "You'll be 'covering ground' for centuries in here." She reached into her back jeans pocket, retrieving her trans-temporal sonic screwdriver. "Lemme just hone in on the Terminator's position, and I'll have us back in the console room in no time."

The Gallifreyan tool whirred to life, sparkling blue on its tip.

Cici and John followed in the direction that it led them, right to the Terminator.

"I advised against this futile task," the cyborg informed Cici.

"I really hate it when he says 'I told you so' in his dorky way," John grumbled.

"As long as I've got you both back by my side, none of that matters," she told them. "Now let's get back to the—"

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Four shotgun blasts rang through the corridor, each one directed at the chest of John's protector. Powerful enough to knock the big, leather-clad cyborg down.