20 - Lets Play a Game

A/N: okay, this was definitely not how I originally planned for this to end. I meant to end the fighting within this chapter, and it kinda got out of hand. Let me know whether you like it or not!

***

The house looked over me like a bad omen, the grass well overgrown and the paint chipped even worse than before. I huffed a breath out as I walked up the short steps into the porch, my hands gripping the single house key I had in such a tight grip.

I pushed it into the lock and twisted it before pushing open the red door, the house completely dark except for one lone lantern in the kitchen. I walked into the room silently, my eyes darting back and forth. My hand gripped the knife I brought, hidden in my long sleeve sweater I wore.

"There you are, my kitten." I stilled, my stomach rolling deep within my torso.

"Do not call me that." I spun around and saw him sitting at the head of the dining table, the pale glow from the lantern shining off his sweaty skin.

He looked older than the last time I had seen him, with much less hair and a growing pot belly. I could smell him from where I stood at least five feet away, the smell of cigarettes and sweat attacking me as I scrunched my face.

"Why the hell do you care about me?" I grit out, his face curling into a smile that made my heart stop.

"I honest to god don't, but then I saw just how close you were to that little Italian dick. By the way, didn't we say you were going to come alone?" I feign confusion, scrunching up my face while I looked at him.

"I didn't bring anyone here, I came alone." He smirked as the door disconnecting the kitchen from hallway burst open, Jake walking in with a gun pressed to his head by a beefy looking man.

I originally wasn't going to tell anyone for fear of Damien being hurt, I couldn't do that to him. Instead, I left a note where I knew he would see it as I left, and prayed he would get here soon enough. Jake wasn't even going to find out except I had been crying while leaving the note, and he had thought the worst.

He practically flipped and asked why I was leaving Damien, and I broke down and told him I wasn't. I kept begging and begging him not to go to Damien and to just trust me and let me go, but he refused and instead, took my phone from me.

He said that he was checking for any secret boyfriends, all while I was jumping on him, desperately trying to get it back. He made me take him with me for protection, and said he would sneak behind Jason and shoot him in the back of his head.

Obviously, our plan didn't work out so well.

I turned back to Jason with a fake smirk plastered on my face, as he grinned like he knew jus how fake it was. "I thought we were going to come alone Jason." I mimicked him, watching as his eyes lit up in flames.

"Yes, but then I wouldn't be able to watch this." The cock of a gun sounded against my head, the cold tip of the barrel resting against my temple.

I saw his blonde hair out of the corner of my eye, my eyes shutting as my heart squeezed. Of course, so fucking cliche. I opened them again while looking over to a smirking Jake, before rolling them with a cluck of my tongue.

"Let me guess, now you're going to say you're in love with me or you love Jason or some bullshit like that." I rambled on, desperately trying to buy some time.

I could already feel the vibration coming off my phone in my back pocket, undoubtedly Damien trying to call me. I smiled inwardly at my luck seeming to turn around, hopefully this meant Damien found my note as was on his way.