No one wants to write a story about a girl who doesn't do anything

**Not Edited (Please ignore the grammar and spelling mistakes. ;A;)**

"         In the slip of a bolt, there's a tiny revolt.

        The seeds of a war in the creak of a floorboard.

        A storm can begin, with the flap of a wing.

        The tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting!

        Every day starts with the tick of a clock.

        All escapes start with the click of a lock!

        If you're stuck in your story and want to get out

        You don't have to cry, you don't have to shout!

        But nobody else it gonna put it right for me!

        Nobody but me is going to change my story!        "

                                        --Naughty, Matilda the Musical

--

"No one wants to write a story about a girl who doesn't do anything. Well, they could, but no one would read it."

~~

At birth, children born on the Alternate Universe world of NUIMAGE are given their roles. You see, all the kids of NUIMAGE would one day or another be mentioned in the book, whether it be as a main character or minor one. Think of it as the world for the fictional characters with their future preplanned, ranging from evil villains to sweet forgiving princesses to “normal” girls to magical wizards. Till some author from Earth picks you up to star in their story though, you go through life kind of normally and maybe once in a while, get a cameo part in someone else’s story.

If you get picked as a character for a story, you will be notified and moved to the genre in which your story takes place. Currently, the Country of Romance was the biggest genre and home to the greatest population which really didn’t come as a surprise. States in the country of Romance include “Bad Boy” “Rich Jackass” and so on. Not really, but these are the nicknames given to the states because the stereotypes live there.

Anyways, when you’re at the age of five, you attended a fancy ball where you get a very fancy dinner and once the fancy dinner is over, you are called up one by one into an electronic view where a machine will display if you were going to be a main or minor character, and which genre and part you would most likely be playing in.

This is where Skyler comes in. Skyler was destined to be a main character and with all the drama circling around and the circumstances with her birth- it was kind of inevitable.

But the thing was, she didn’t want to be the main lead. She hated it. So many cliché’s. Like seriously, couldn’t the authors on planet Earth come up with a story that didn’t involve romance? What if Skyler wanted to live life like a single lady? Well, she would never know because if some author did choose her as the main character of their book, she would inevitably have a love interest, no matter the genre.

Because god forbid the main girl be single.

No, let’s throw her into a freaking love hexagon because that’s what we do in cliché’s. Make a bunch of hot guys fall for one girl and fight over her. Why the hell not?

Or insert a bad boy.

Or you know, some supernatural beings.

Maybe throw in a few blonde cheerleader enemies.