Sneak Preview of Space Bound 2!

Prologue

It's July 15th 199x and life is fairly easy for our hero since we last saw him. Of course if you can't remember him, allow me to refresh your memory. Our hero's name Waylon Park. He's a very spry and honest boy. Last time we saw him, he was in Mercury Land. A very strange place inhabited by square pink creatures with rather large noses and nice hats.

Waylon was on a quest to gather six magic rings and save the world from an evil alien known as Diabhal. Overcoming many perils he and his friends acquired three of said rings. His friends are known as Tracy Stars, and Nate Scone. Tracy is a young girl with magic powers known as PSI and Nate is a boarding school student with an IQ of over 200.

It's been about three weeks since our heroes secured the third ring from the evil ghost king known as Phanto, and learned of the location of their next destination. The business capital of their country, Eagleland. A large city known as EighthHaven. However, none of them were in that city. Waylon was sleeping in his bed dreaming of sweet foods and his friend Tracy.

Waylon lives in a town known for its incompetent mayors and spelling errors. The town of Fithsquare, a rather small town home to some of Waylon's friends and just the right kinds of comfort. Where was I? Right, our main character.

He woke up after gently shutting off his alarm clock. He stretched and yawned and scratched his back. He reached for the glasses on his desk but remembered they were gone. He didn't need glasses anymore, as his eyes were healed by the power of the third ring. Speaking of the rings, he grabbed all three off his desk.

He slipped them on his fingers and was boosted with energy. The grogginess and muck in his eyes were gone and he felt ready to take on the day. Each ring had a different gem and base and also represented an element. The blue ring is what healed his eyes, of course it did so while interrupting a heart to heart between him and Tracy, and making her faint afterwards.

Waylon meant to give her the ring as a way of boosting her energy as well, though after it made her faint and dream of EighthHaven, he chose to keep it. Waylon went downstairs to his mom who was making pancakes, she pat him on the head and rubbed his hair. His dad came into the kitchen dressed in a suit and tie.

He had enough time to make some toast, kiss his wife goodbye, and hug his son before leaving for work. Waylon's mother sighed, wishing he didn't have to leave for work so early now, but recently he got a promotion he can't publicly talk about. So he barely has any time in the mornings.

It was 8am and the sun was starting to rise and wake up the town. After breakfast, Waylon left his house and began walking his usual trail. He walked past his neighbor's house and up the Cliffside. Waylon and his neighbor live on a Cliffside that looks over his town.

There's a small trail that leads to the top of the cliff, which is a popular spot for romantic sky watching, bird watching, and all things of that nature. He walks to, and sits on that cliff most mornings to watch the sun rise. Those moments are when it's very peaceful, with nothing but sounds of nature in his way.

After taking in the morning view, Waylon walked back to his house and got dressed. He put on his usual outfit, a red T-shirt with a white "Chuckola~Cola" logo on it. Some faded blue pants, and his red Luckyland brand shoes. He also threw on his old flannel shirt and sat back on his bed. He reached into his backpack and pulled out his telephone his friend Theodore had made.

It's a mobile rotary phone powered by motion, a first of its kind. Theo is the leader of a gang that wears octopus shaped hats that terrorized his town for a while, unbeknownst to Theo anyway, who was busy building various contraptions.