Chapter 5

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Amelia started to shout and run at me like a five year old. 

You see, every Thursday Dean and Amelia always come visit me at work after they're done bonding like eat out or go to the mall, Amelia needs to have some entertainment in her life because she's home schooled. Dean and Amelia looked confused while they examined Dave as he was arm to arm touching with me, I honestly haven't notice how close he was until now because I was looking over to the other two. 30 seconds after such awkward silence, I decided to introduce Dave to Dean. 

"Dave this is Dean, my best-"

"Best boyfriend ever!" as Dave hugged me from behind. 

I admit I was shocked when he said that but I decided to play along and maybe get Dave jealous. I kissed Dean on the cheek to see him surprised by the way I responded to his little joke too. I could see that both of them were jealous just by looking in their eyes, but I think it worked, Dave didn't look too pleased. 

"My manager said I have to go, I'll see you later Danielle." He said looking down while walking, I didn't get the whole thing because he never mentioned anything about a phone call from his manager to leave early. 

I prayed before Amelia came here that he wouldn't notice all the features Amelia shares with Dave, every time I look at her all is Dave with my eyes. This was not the right time for Dave to know that my daughter is his too, I just reunited with him for goodness sake. We watched as Dave left and we started to laugh really hard. We all knew that this was all a joke. All three of us talked for 30 minutes at the hospital cafe until it was time for another 2 hours of work for me. Both Dean and Amelia left to do more bonding and to wait for me at the apartment. 2 more hours of boring work ruined my day but it was time to go home. 

I opened up my apartment with my key and opened the door to find Amelia fast asleep on the couch with a blanket and Dean cooking us dinner like he always does every Thursday. Dean's face instantly lit up when he saw me come in and helped me hang up my coat.

"I just finished with cooking dinner, wait for a minute until I'm done preparing the table." 

"Let me help you, I don't have anything to do anyways." 

"No no, you go and relax, you need it" 

This is so like Dean to be doing all the chores in someone else's house, or at least my house anyways. I swear Dean spends a lot more time in my little apartment with Amelia than he does at his house which was a few blocks away from ours. As I was waiting at the table, Dean finally brought us our food, we sat down and started to chat. Conversations with Dean is always the usual, work, Amelia and memories are all we talked about. 

"So... Why was Dave at your work?" 

He brought up the subject that I've been dying not to talk about, but he still brought him up being the protective guy friend he is. I struggled to respond. 

"He was only there to learn the basics of a nurse for his role he's portraying."

He nodded and took another spoonful of his dinner. 

"You... don't have feelings for him right? I find it such a coincidence..."

Here we go again.... 

"I admit, I still do, being with Dave today brought back all these memories and after all, he IS Amelia's father AND my first love." 

"Well, do you miss Dave or the memories you made with him?" 

I couldn't respond to that, because it's both and I knew Dean would get hurt. I didn't have the heart to tell him that, because I knew that he had major feelings for me too and he has shown that side of him. I tried so hard to avoid the question, although I knew he wouldn't let me. 

"Why do you want to know?" Saying the only thing I could think of. 

"I'm in love with you." He mumbled. 

"What?" 

"GOSH DAMMIT DANIELLE I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU OKAY?"