Immortal Love

Immortal Love

Chapter 1

Immortales Sumus

.

“A leader cannot effectively lead if he doesn’t know who he leads and what they need.”

.

Darkness was the first thing they ever noticed. No one knew where they came from, or why they became like this… it just happened. The first thing they’d remember too was a great thirst to drink something… their stomachs were aching and they tried gasping for air, but none ever came. They crawled in the dirt and their grips on the soften soil were exceptionally strong. Dirt covered their fingernails and they could hardly stand up. Rain had started and the soil began to become mud.

A lone figure on the ground gripped onto one of the barks of the tree around him to upright himself, but still his legs felt wobbly. The thirst in his throat was burning and he really wanted to rip something apart, when suddenly, he started to smell something sweet. Blindly following the scent, he was led to another figure in the rain walking with her skirts laced with mud.

She seemed to be running away from something or sneaking away. She seemed familiar, he mused, but he couldn’t remember anything, at least not with the thirst and hunger he was starting to feel at a new type of intensity. He followed her to the hole he had managed to dig. He was quiet when he came up behind her and watched her silently as she started to cry in distress when she found the hole. He didn’t know how he knew it was distress, but it felt like he could hear her fast beating heart.

With the cold atmosphere, he didn’t quite mind the cold right now though, the heat emitting from her body was tempting. He stepped closer and closer and into a puddle that had started to form when she whipped her head around and stared at him in shock…

He didn’t know what happened next, nor did he remember, but all he remembered was that there was a scream that erupted from somewhere that seemed distant, and he wasn’t hungry or thirsty anymore…

~~~~~

The guards came up to them late in the night, reporting there was a new development in within their territory, which meant there was something going to happen eventually. Korin, the leader of them all assigned one of their most trusted allies. He sent one of them to go and retrieve this new development and waited for their return eagerly.

A few moments later, he wasn’t surprised, but he was a bit disappointed. It was a mystery still how they were chosen, but he knew he was chosen for he was a leader, he once was, and now, he always will be. Beside him sat Trina, one of his subordinates whose had excellent control, and knew what to do and gave him excellent counsel every once in a while.

A gallop could be heard as the development approaches, and both stood eagerly by the entrance, waiting for the horse. It came not long after they heard it and saw that the man was deeply unconscious… they always were. Some of the others who were waiting with them went out to retrieve the body, and Korin nodded at the horse that only turned to gallop away before disappearing into the darkness.

They laid the unconscious man down on the bed and took off his dirty and wet bloody clothes and changed him into a new set of clean clothing. Trina stood still at the end of the bed and watched him silently with her golden eyes. Not long after that Korin came in and watched him as well. Trina opened her mouth to speak…

“He just fed.”

“They always do, we all do.” Korin replied, “Come we must go and watch the night.”