traitor

All six of us were sitting in the meeting room due to Ira's orders. Ava and Invi were sitting on the chairs next to the table, while Gula and I were sitting on the table, Aced and Ira they were standing on the opposite side.

" there's a traitor among us," Ira said pretty bluntly. Honestly, everyone was shocked by his sudden accusation. I turned to look behind me to see Aced, and he. Looked. pissed.

" are you certain what proof do you have?" Envi asked. Ira held up his hand, and a hologram of a nightmare showed up.

" I found this sniffing around."

"is that... a dark chirithy?" Ava asked a bit taken back causing Aced to look over at her. Invi abruptly stood up and leaned over the table.

"is that... a nightmare?" after she said that everyone rose in alarm. Looking at the nightmare chirithy, we all knew what it meant a wielder has lost their heart to the darkness. Ira gazed us all over. Aced he had a look of anger. "it's not me!" Aced shouted as if he was being accused.

"there is an easy way to solve this," Gula told us. " if we all summon our spirits, then we'll know."

"Unfortunately that wouldn't work," I said to the boy next to me.

"there are countless of welders in our unions," Invi further explained. "It would be easy for any of us to summon a Chirithy that isn't a nightmare. Like Bri said your suggestion wouldn't help us."

"Yeah who's to say that the nightmare you saw belongs to one of us?" Ava yelled. "it could belong to anyone in our unions."

"That's highly unlikely" Ira started pacing around the room. " Do you recall the tool the wielders were given to help them get stronger?" we generally don't concern ourselves with what they have at their disposal. However, I do believe those tools were the nightmares doing."

"you mean the bangles?" I asked.

"but when equipped they're supposed to collect dark energy, I thought we all agreed that was okay?" Ava added on.

"Collecting is fine," Ira told her. " But using that power is the equivalent of using the power of darkness."

"It's a brilliant plan," Gula explained. " Everyone knows that all of our spirits look the same and wielders exist in spades. There's no way to tell."

"Oh, no. everyone already equipped their bangles." Ava groaned.

"so what now?" Aced was beginning to get impatient, he slammed his hand down onto the table. "How do we find out who"s behind this?"

"Seeing as those bangles couldn't have been acquired by just anyone, I believe it's one of us in this room," Ira informed us. why is he saying this he should know this is just going to put everyone on edge, especially Aced...

"No Ira I respectfully disagree," Invi shook her head " What proof do we have that the bangles are tied to the power of darkness if a nightmare really is to blame? We shouldn't jump to conclusions."

"Ira," Aced Scolded as he started to Ira. " some leader you are. Your speech just planted seeds of doubt in all us. What? Did you expect the traitor to give themselves up to that accusation of yours? That was foolish."

"Aced," Invi warns him. "that's enough."

"It looks to me like the master made the wrong choice," He sneered at Ira as he walked out of the room.

"Wait." Invi yelled after him as she got up " where do you think you're going?" But she was too late as he shut the door before she could get to him.

"I believe we're done here." Gula sighed as he slid off the table, I followed suit.

" I trust you will keep all of us updated." I nodded to Invi as Gula, and I left. I closed the door behind me and stretched out my arms.

"man that was tense," I said, when I did Ava walked out. All three of us walked out of the building.