Prologue

(Richard)

Doing tricks is what I do for a living. When you heard the word tricks, a childhood memory of you came flashing back didn't it? Those toss coins, the rabbits out of the hat, a deck of cards, a disappearing object. If those were the words that came into your mind—then you are wrong... but you're also right.

Magic... strange, mysterious, tricky, indescribable. Yes it is. With a person's quick thinking and slight of hand, you can be able to trick somebody.

Yes... I do magic... why? For only three reasons...
One.
To be able to make fortune and fame.
Two.
To keep myself alive for another day.
Three.
Trick or kill.

Woah you say? What the hell man? Are you kidding? Sure, laugh and make fun of it, you'll be next.

Pero, please. Don't get me wrong about this. Hindi ako literal na pumapatay with my own bare hands. People die in a strange odd way. That's a secret for now.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

"Okay sir sir! Uhm, American?" I asked as I shoved my hands into my jeans' pockets.

"No no. British actually." He replied. He scratched his nape and brushed off the dust on his shaggy blonde hair. His glasses slightly reflected some light onto me but it was not blinding. He has a shirt and board shorts on with sneakers and a backpack.

"Okay sir. Would you like to see Magic with me?" I casually asked.

People from all around the nearby street of Las Vegas crowded towards our direction, interested in what they have heard. Real Magic clearly is, for adults only.

"Sure sure! Everybody loves magic. Don't we do people?" He asked the crowd and was given a loud cheer from the circle forming around us, getting even larger perhaps.

"Okay. So I don't have anything but my phone and wallet with me. And, I don't wanna use my own wallet, this may lead to a disaster kids." I joked making the crowd giggle. "Sir, do you have any object, big or small, that is very important to you right now, one thing that you can't definitely lose." I asked.

He rubbed his chin with the day old stubble and looked through his bag. "Well, I have here a chocolate bar—"

"Very important thing to bring eh?" I jokingly asked, making the crowd stifle laughs once again.

"Here, my most important thing with me today... My car keys and credit card." He told me while his keys were dangling on his fingers and his credit card on the other hand.

"Two objects are better! Could I borrow both the keys and credit card?"

"Sure." He happily replied, handing me the things.

I held it in my hands and raised it up high and showed it to the crowd. They clapped and cheered, encouraging me to go on.

"Now sir, if you could. Can you give us an estimation of the amount on your credit card right now?" I asked.

"Uhm... It's at Five Hundred thousand bucks at the least." He proudly answered gaining hoots and wows from our audience.

"Great amount! And your car is Porsche as it says on the logo of your keys.

He nodded and watched me carefully, observing, waiting for a chance to catch a little misplacement on my act.

"So, now, can I ask for about twenty handkerchiefs from the audience please? I don't mind what brand or color or scent it is on there." About ten were quickly handed to me and I counted and counted. "Eighteen, nineteen, alright! Twenty handkerchiefs. Lastly, can I borrow a jacket or coat?"