No escape

~Hour later~

Young reporter Payton decided to explore the estate. She walked around and searched for a scoop. Her and her partner, Keenan, came to the estate to get a scoop and she was making sure she was going to find one.

She walked into the bathroom and looked around when she stepped in something... squishy. She looked down as saw she had stepped in blood. Caleb's blood. His body laid near. Dead as a door nail. Payton covered her mouth. She felt like she had to puke.

"Keenan!" She yelled. She heard footsteps outside the door.

"Payton, are you in there."

"Yeah."

"Well I'm not going in; I don't want to open the door to you using the bathroom!"

"I'm not! I need to show you something!"

"I swear if it's poop, I will kill you." Keenan said.

"It's not poop." Payton said, slightly annoyed.

Keenan finally opened the door and as soon as he did he saw Caleb, dead on the ground. Keenan gagged and turned his head away,

"Did you kill him!"

"What!? No!" Payton said.

Footsteps were heard and Millina Lyric came to the bathroom. She looked inside the bathroom and saw the bloodied mess. She looked at the two horrified.

"Y-You killed h-him..." She said.

"What no!"

"We didn't"

Millina ran down the stairs and Keenan and Payton looked at each other. Then they gulped and ran after her.

When Keenan and Payton got down the stairs, they saw Millina slightly behind Shane looking at the two. Officer Kaitlyn and Detective Keith both pulled out their weapons.

"Keenan Williamson and Payton Myers, you are charged with the murder of Caleb Smith, whatever you say can and will be used against you in the court of law." Kaitlyn said.

"W-We didn't do it." Payton whined. "I went to the bathroom and the dead body was there."

"Of course that's what happened. Now come along."

"No! You can't do this!" Payton screamed. She tried to run.

A single bullet grazed her leg and she fell. Tears welled up in her eyes and she let them fall. Keenan put his hands up, what happened to Payton was not going to happen to him.

"Try to run again. I dare you." Keith said in a stone cold voice. Behind the group was the rest of the guests. Kaitlyn grabbed Keenan while Keith grabbed Payton. Kaitlyn put hand cuffs on Keenan and made a call.

Kaitlyn grabbed Keenan and yanked him in the direction of the door to the front. Keith did the same with the blonde.

A helicopter was perched in front of the estate. Someone stepped out of the helicopter.

"Hey guys." The man who stepped out said. It was Te. He was a author and a programmer. He had long dirty blonde hair and wore the least fashionable clothes he could.

"Oh what are you doing here!" Kaitlyn said. She was already annoyed by the author in front of her.

"Well if you didn't know, I was invited here and simply missed the boat ride. As soon as I heard about a helicopter coming to this island, you can bet I jumped on it." Te said. He pointed to Payton and Keenan. "What did they do? Murder someone?" Te said this with a chuckle, obviously a joke.

"Actually, yes, they did murder someone." Keith said with a blank face.

"Oh." Was all Te could say. A awkward silence occured until Kaitlyn said,

"Can we arrest these two murders already?!"

A head popped out from the helicopter. It was Franklin, a co-worker of Kaitlyn's.

"Preferably the two will be arrested in a few seconds." He said, a glare a cross his face. Kaitlyn walked forward, pulling Keenan towards the helicopter when a sound was heard. A soft ticking and tocking.

"Kaitlyn get away from there, now!" Keith yelled. Franklin had already heard the ticking sound seconds earlier and had escaped the helicopter.

The helicopter was suddenly engulfed in flames. Burning dark red flames that instantly killed.

Kaitlyn dropped to the ground with Keenan, the flames soared above her yet she could still feel the flames lick at her face.

In only seconds, the flames were gone and all that was left was a simple burnt up, helicopter.

Keith walked over to Kaitlyn and outstretched a hand, "Officer Duffy, are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah." She said as she got up. Across her face were burnt marks where the fire got to her. Other than that, she was fine.

"Well, that was fun." Te said. A glare was shot at him from Payton.

Keith walked to the broken helicopter and looked around.

"Keenan and Payton weren't the murderers." Keith said. "The helicopter had a small strong bomb on it. It was placed just as the helicopter landed. Either Keenan and Payton are working with another person or it wasn't them."

Keith pointed his gun at Te's head, his hand on the trigger.

"Why are you here."

"I told you I-"

"The truth, or the bullet will go through your head. I'm a good shot." He said. His voice was serious and strong and he was truthful. He would kill Te if necessary.

"He was in the back seat of the helicopter the entire time. I can vouch for him." Franklin said.

A gunshot was heard, followed by a scream. Keith turned toward the sound and ran that way. The others followed when they came to an old little storage house. Keith tried to open the door but it was locked.

"I have the ke-" Shane said when he felt around in his pockets and did not feel the keys. "The hell, where are they?"

"Language." Kaitlyn said. The two exchanged a glare.

"I think you left it in your room." Millina said. Payton seemed to raise a eyebrow at the statement Millina had made.

Payton was about to ask about how Millina knew when a banging was heard from the shed and a small cry for help rang out.