Chapter 2- The new assistant

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I opened my eyes slowly to see the red blinking of my alarm clock. I pulled my blanket over my head to stop the sound from entering my ears but that didn't help. I took one of my hand out and banged the alarm clock to stop it from ringing. I sat up on the bed and took the blanket off myself. I put my black slippers on to not feel the cold floor and walked towards the bathroom while rubbing my eyes.

After taking a long and relaxing shower I looked in my closet as I was wrapped around in a white towel. My head was in towel wrap too. I picked a tan shirt with black jeans matching myself with a brown leather jacket and black heels. I wrapped a maroon scarf around my neck to finish my look. I quickly got dressed and walked down the stairs to eat breakfast. My maid Mary was already working there on making me breakfast. I sat down on my dining chair and started looking through the newspapers. Mary placed a plate with two french toast, an egg, and two sausages with orange juice. I started without paying attention when my phone rang. It was an email from one of my clients so I quickly finished my breakfast and stood up to leave for work.

As I was driving by I decided to stop by the coffee shop near my office. I promised Amit that I would meet him there every Wednesday. We have been going there since we were pretty much in college. that was where we used to hangout and do our homework. That's why even after today we decide to meet each other there.

"Hi what would you like to have ma'am?" Came a sweet, and a welcoming female voice. I looked up from my phone to be face to face with a girl in glasses. She looked beautiful with her morning smile, loose long black hair, and flawless skin. I gave her a sweet polite smile to not seem rude for staring.

"Yeah I will take the Caffè Latte."

"Okay. That would be 100 rupees." She said with a high pitched voice. I handed her my card for payment. She swiped the card and handed it back to me. I politely went out of the line and stood near the end where my drink is going to be served.

I was texting Amit to hurry up when I heard someone clearing his throat from behind me. I didn't pay attention at first as I thought it is just someone who has a cold but after 2 or 3 times I decided to turn around and give him one of my infamous dirty looks. As I turned around I was met with these brown eyes. He was tall and lenient with great body figure. It looked like he knew what he was doing at the gym. He had dark hair and a very comforting smile on his face. Without any reason I couldn't turn myself away from this stranger who didn't seem like a stranger at all to me.

"One Cafè Latte!" I heard a girl yell from behind me. But nothing seemed important right now as the stranger's lips started moving. I couldn't hear anything as I was dazed at his face. But the frown on his face brought me back to reality.

"I think that is yours." The stranger said pointing behind me. I turned around to see a cup with Cafè Latte label on it. I walked towards the cup embarrassingly and picked it up. Without giving him a single glance I walked away and sat near a window waiting for Amit.

I took a sip of my coffee and started thinking about what had just happened right now. Something about that man was very intriguing. He was a stranger yet as I looked at him something seemed familiar. Even though I am sure I've never met him before I still feel a strange connection towards him.

"Penny for your thoughts madam?" I heard Amit's voice above me while he had his hand in front of my face.

"You're late." I said while smacking his hand away.

"Sorry there was traffic. You know how Mumbai is." He sat down with his coffee in his hands.

"But I'm not late."