Chapter 11

SAY THE NAME! SEVENTEEN!

I pulled off the sheet covering my suitcase and started pulling out clothes from my closet. If possible, I'd bring everything. Who knows how long I'd be living in that place.

(Knock)

I jolted backwards when suddenly someone knocked and opened the door.

"Manager?" I called but he was just pacing his eyes back and forth to my suitcase and me.

"Are you going somewhere?" He asked and took small steps forward until he was towering me with his gigantic height.

"I-I actually went to my doctor and he told me it's better if I take a break. I-I was planning to tell you sooner. Really I'm not lying." I looked at him straight in the eyes. Half of what I told him is true anyway so I'm sure I can pull this off. "I'm going to stay at a relative's house for now so that explains this." I said and looked down at my clothes.

"Is that why you were absent these past few days?"

"Yes. I wasn't able to infrom you since my phone was in my bag."

"Where did you go when you disappeared from the hospital when I told you to wait for me?"

"I went to see my private doctor."

Please believe me. Please. Please.

"Fine then but I won't let you go until you've finished working on the papers you had lost." He plainly said and then left. Upon hearing his first word, it felt like a heavy burden was just lifted from my chest but upon hearing the condition all those burdens returned and it was two times heavier.

I forgot I still owe him that. Guess I'll have to work late today.

--

"Jae Eun-sshi. What happened? Why were you absent these past few days?" Mina wore a worried face as she meets me by the door.

"I just took a short break because I wasn't feeling well but I'm okay now." I replied with a smile to show her I'm perfectly fine and went straight to my office to begin working on the paperworks.

"What's with the luggage?" She asked and glued her eyes to the luggage I was dragging behind me.

"I'm going stay at a relative's house as per my doctor's advice. He said I should have someone look after me these days."

She nodded considerately and was satisfied by my answer and so she went to her designated post as well.

--

10:00 in the evening...

I'm not supposed to stay up late at night but I think its okay to do it just this once. Once this is done, I'll have my heavenly life in that hell-ish place (SVT dorm).

Someone knocked on the door. I heard it but my mind seems to be paying no attention to the surroundings that I didn't give permission for the person to come in.

The knock sounded once again and the door opened consequently. "Jae Eun-sshi? Aren't you going home now?" It was Mina looking ready to go home.

I gave off a sweet smile and tried to mask my worn-out expression. "I'm almost done here. You can go home ahead."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Then I'll get going then." She told me and slightly bowed before closing the door.

"Mina?" I hollered back.

"Yes?"

"Enough with the honorifics already when we're alone. It makes me feel like were not best friends." I complained and made a pout. This best friend of mine is as polite as ever.