The Meeting Of A Lifetime

Chapter 3

The crowd inside of the church bubbles angrily.

"Don't trust the witch sympathizer!" One woman yelled. "The evil witch stole my newborn!"

"We've heard enough." Steve says calmly. "This is obviously a sore subject for many of you. We will try our hardest to help you."

The group follows as Steve walks down the aisle. The young blonde woman trails behind as well. She stops with them near their cars.

"I will come for you tomorrow morning. We have to hike to her cabin. Wear good shoes and eat a good breakfast." She says seriously.

The blonde woman is at their door before dawn even breaks the next morning. The group has on layers and packs with snacks and water. She smiles at them and then notices the guns on their hips. One of them carries a shield that is red and blue with a large white star in the center. The smile turns into a frown.

"My cousin won't hurt you." She says seriously.

The group doesn't seem interested in hiding their guns, she sighs and walks to her car. The group follows her, and gets into their own respective vehicles. She turns onto the road and starts to head northeast out of town, the long trail of black vehicles following her.

Meanwhile....

(Told from Genesis' point of view)

I awoke with a start, my heart racing in my chest and my breath uneven, somewhere deep inside of me I feel like something was wrong. I scramble out of bed, ignoring my ache of my tired body, and stumble out of my bedroom and down the short hallway to my daughters room. I open the door and my heart settles as I watch her sleeping form still curled up in bed. I sigh in relief, and leave the door open as I walk back down the hall to pee. Once I'm finished using the bathroom, I get the coffee maker started, and then go to my bedroom to get dressed. I pull on a long skirt, and a tee shirt. I pull on long rubber boots and use a bandana to tie my crazy red hair away from my freckled face. I walk back down the hall and into the kitchen. Items fly around me as I enter, a mug floats off a cupboard shelf and coffee pours itself into it, along with cream and sugar. The mug floats towards me and I sip on it as I open the fridge. Strawberries, eggs, butter, milk, sausage links and heavy whipping cream leave, and join sugar, vanilla, flour, and baking soda on the counter. As I leave the kitchen through the back door sipping my coffee, I watch as some of the ingredients start to combine themselves into a bowl, and the sausage flop into a warming frying pan. 

I shut the door softly and walk down the garden path towards the barn, the morning light has barely even start to lighten the sky and dew hangs heavily on the grass and plants in the garden, I breathe in deeply enjoying the fresh air in my lungs. I open the door to the chicken coup and spread down some feed for them. The cows are milked while I lug bales of hay into their feeding mangers. I fill the cows buckets full of water and open the doors to their pasture so that they can come and go as they please. The horses are also feed a mixture of oats and corn and supplements, before I fill their water buckets. There are troughs out in the pastures but I was going to have my daughter Ember scrub them as a part of her chores. Once all the animals are feed and I have their stalls cleaned I head back into the kitchen with my now empty coffee cup. 

I yank off my tall boots by the door and notice that Ember has stumbled into the kitchen, she yawns and tries to snag the coffee pot. I shake my head and take it from her grasp, I pour myself a second cup as I pick up a platter of strawberry waffles, the sausage links levitating behind me to the kitchen table and I set the plates and mug down. I pour just a shot of coffee into a mug of chocolate shavings and milk, and top it off with some hot water that I had boiled with a floating kettle. I settle down and Ember and I serve ourselves the delicious warm waffles, topping them with freshly made honey butter and maple syrup. We dig in and talk about our plans for the day, gardening, chores around the house, and barn duties. Once we are finished eating I mentally get the sink to start to fill with warm water. The dishes scrape themselves into the trash, and the leftovers tumble into containers, and float into the fridge. The dishes plop into the sink and a rag starts to scrub away in circular motion. Ember and I pull on our rubber boots and she heads off to the water troughs and I head into the garden to pull weeds. The morning had barely even started but I could tell it was going to be a hot one as I got to work, the panicky feeling I had experienced that morning long forgotten.

*******

Dean grunted with frustration as Abigail, the blonde woman, whipped around another corner.

"It's almost like she doesn't want us to be following her." Sam, his younger brother says.

"Or like she doesn't want someone to be following us." Castiel responds.

Abigail's car whips out of sight one more time and Dean quickly turns to keep up with her. He follows her along the road for a couple of miles before her car suddenly stops. She climbs out and the Agents follow suit.

"We walk from here." Abigail states before marching into the woods down a thin path. The group follows her, trying to keep track of the branches in the trail and what fork that they travelled down. Around midday the group finds themselves in an extremely large clearing. Abigail leads them to the front door of a humble and cozy looking cottage.

She knocks a couple of times," Genesis?" She calls before opening the door.

She leads them into the quiet house, leading them past a broom that was sweeping the floor on its own, down a hall past a toilet that was being scrubbed by an invisible person, and past a laundry room where an iron worked away on a skirt, and clean clothes folded and flew past their heads into two different rooms down another hall. They enter the kitchen, just as a small girl opens the back door. She freezes upon noticing all the strangers standing in her kitchen. Her smile turns into a frown, and she turns and sprints back down the garden path towards the barn.

"MOMMA! MOMMA!" She cries.

The group of agents push past Abigail and chase after the child. She looks back at them and notices how close they are to her.

"Stay away from me!" She shouts and points a finger at them, electricity shooting out of it, and zapping their bodies. The group stumbles collectively, as they lose control of their muscles.

A short thin woman walks out of the barn wiping sweat from her brow and looking concerned. Her face turns dark as her daughter runs into her arms, and she sees all the people standing in her yard.

Abigail runs in between the Agents and her cousin. "Wait a minute!" She cries trying to stop them from approaching and most importantly fighting.

"Yes let's wait a minute." An unknown voice barks. All heads whip towards the source of the noise and Genesis' mouth drops open in shock as she pulls her daughter even closer than before. 

____________________________________________________________________________

I'm back! Finally here is a chapter for everyone. Thank you for being so patient while I struggled with balancing school and work. I never will forget about this story no matter how long I'm away. I think about it constantly, and have changed the second chapter a little because I know how I want the story to play out fully. At least I think I do haha. If you don't want to find the changes I'll just say that I got rid of the angels (except for Castiel of course) and of Bucky and Pietro. These characters are not important until later on in the story unfortunately so you guys will have to wait a while for them to show up again.

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to my coworker Ian. He and I have been talking about this a lot and he has helped me focus on it more and realize where I want the story to go. 

I always look forward to everyone's feedback and again I thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it! 

Have an amazing and blessed day~ Jackie