1- Realization

Avianna

I opened my hand so my palm was facing upwards. I let the cold rain water evaporate into my skin. The drip of rainwater flew down towards the ground from the edge of the garage roof.

"Hey Av." Bexley approached me in a smooth tone. 

I yanked my hand back, which caused water droplets to fly off my wet hand. The wind started to pick up, and the rain fell onto the earth with more force.

"Oh, hey Bex. Why are you here?" I squinted my eyes as I questioned her. She just stood in the rain, and didn't even bother to join me under the awning. 

"Oh, well, um... I was wondering if you wanted to go to the Y." She stuttered as she finally joined me under the awning.

I was questioning her in my mind. Her mom usually never lets her out by herself, and she's never in my town. We live in different towns. I live in Chesterton, and she lives in Woodville. Something must be up for her to be here without her mom or dad, as they're so protective.

"Well, why do you want to go down there. School just ended today, and I just want to relax. Maybe tomorrow? I might go if it's something interesting." I explained.

"Emerson is holding a party down there. Didn't you guys used to be best friends in like, kindergarten?"

"Yeah, she's still an okay friend, at least I think. Although, she's gone a little bad girl." 

"Hey, Imogen and Merritt will be there, too. Don't forget Phoenix and Gage."

She lost me at Emerson, but what can I do? Bexley is my best friend, and I can't bring her down. I need to go there for Imogen and Merritt, too. On the bright side, my non crazy friends, Phoenix and Gage will be there.

"I guess I'll go if Mom let's me." I sighed as I walked up the porch stairs. She followed so she could come in and dry off. 

I showed her the bathroom so she could use a towel, then I walked into the living room. Mom was on her phone, probably on FaceBook, and listening to the news in the background.

"Hey Mom, can I go to the Y with Bex?" I asked sweetly.

"For what?"

"Emerson is having a party! It seems really fun!"

"I guess. Text me when you leave! Have fun." She smiled.

Bex walked out of the bathroom right when I walked out of the living room. Her hair was glossy because of the raindrops that soaked into her hair. The dirty blonde strands were a little wavy because of the wetness. 

"I can go!" I grinned as I opened the door.

The rain had died down, so we decided to walk the mile there. It doesn't really seem like a mile, so it's fun. Although, a fourth of it is uphill, so.

Once we arrived, we walked to the party room.

"Hey Bex!" Emerson did a cool handshake with her while I just stared. What was that supposed to be? 

"Avianna." She smirked with a stale tone and a dirty look. She sashayed away with her red cocktail dress. Man, that thing had frill on the back and everything. Classy and expensive much?

Bex already left me to hang go with Emerson. Whatever, I have a corner to be friends with. I pulled out my phone and got on Twitter. I saw Matthias just tweeted about 30 seconds ago. I got on the tweet and made a smart alec reply, knowing I would get no reply back.

"Hey Av. Lookin' snazzy!" Phoenix came up to me and did a little shimmy. I just giggled in response.

I mean like dude. I was wearing white shorts and a Matthias T-shirt.