6- One Quick Kiss

"Fine! I'll tell him. Joey, you can't tell Amanda. Please don't. I kissed Av on the lips. I'm so so sorry! I promise, she did not kiss back! She kneed me in the balls!" Matt pleaded, as Joey stood in shock.

"Is this true?" Joey turned towards me and asked with disbelief.

I looked down into the water and I choked out a, "Yes," through the tears.

Joey then started climbing to the edge of the pool, then got out. Shit! Was he going to Amanda!? He was, but he didn't talk to her, he pulled her into a really quick kiss. Amanda just pushed Joey away, and looked really pissed. I wasn't mad, because I knew what he did it for.

"Joey!" Amanda squealed and playfully hit him the the arm. She actually didn't look too mad about it now.

"How does it feel, Matt?" Joey yelled across the pool.

Luckily, all of the family members were inside when this happened. Amanda was just over there on her phone.

"Huh?" Amanda suddenly got a straight face.

"I don't like that one bit, Joey, but..." Matt got cut off by Joey.

"But what? But nothing! It's the same exact thing you did to MY girlfriend, Matt!" Joey yelled back with tears in his eyes.

"Wait, what did you just say!?" Amanda screamed.

Joey then let it all out, he burst into tears. I hate seeing him like this. He opened the sliding door, and slammed it closed. I can't just let him slip away like that.

"Joey!" I called after him as I got out of the pool.

I opened the sliding door, and slammed it closed like Joey did. I searched the house, until I finally find him. He locked himself in his bedroom. I banged on the door, and tried to open it.

"Joey!" I yelled again.

I turned my back to the door, and slid down it slowly. I covered my eyes with the palms of my hands, and started crying. Not crying, sobbing. I stayed there for a few minutes, just letting my heart flow out through my tears. I heard Joey sulking in his room.

"Aunt Avianna, what's wrong?" Arianna wandered over to me and muttered sweetly. That's so cute how she called me Aunt Avianna!

I calmly looked up, and wiped the tears from my face.

"Oh, Arianna. Do you think you could get Uncle Joey out of his room?" I smiled weakly as more tears streamed down my face.

Arianna then walked over to the door. I scooted over so she could have more room.

"Uncle Joey! Aunt Avianna wants you! She's crying." Arianna shouted at the door, which was actually quite cute.

"Thank you Arianna. Tell Avianna to go talk to Uncle Matthew first." Joey's raspy, muffled voice cried through the door.

Arianna turned to me, and motioned her head towards the door. She then walked away, and joined Bella on her father's lap.

I really don't want to talk to Matt. That would be the least of my worries.

I stood up, and turned towards the door again. I looked at it with an emotionless face, and banged on it once more.

"Joey." I whispered through the door.

I could sense that Joey was leaning on the door, too. I could feel the warmth, the presence of his kind soul.

I then started to topple over as, I'm guessing Joey, opened the door. I didn't feel an impact, and then I realized Joey caught me.