EPILOGUE: The Garden of the Jung Sisters

Days, weeks and months had passed. Ever since, the two sisters hadnever really talked again. When they coincidentally passed by each other, they even treated each other like air. The other f(x) and SNSD members never understood what had happened that day, and while they tried to have the two reconcile, their plans never worked.

Soojung became even worse than before. She trained even harder, and she became more anti-social to the point that she totally stopped smiling and talking to the other f(x) members. All of them were worried, particularly Amber. She wished that Soojung could tell her what had happened, but no matter what the stubborn girl would not breath a word.

Sooyeon behaved as normal. She laughed, smiled, appearing not to have a single worry about anything. However, everyone could notice that something was missing from Sooyeon. It was as if all her actions were just actions trying to fool herself that she could stay happy without a care of the world. Inside her, she knew that those were lies. 

Yet, she just wanted to live among the lies for now.

Talking about their parents... Soojung had never called or visited them again. Sooyeon remained in contact with them, but whenever they asked about Soojung, she woud immediately avoid the topic. The Jung sisters' parents knew that something was amiss, but they decided not to pursue the matter as they believed that the sisters would resolve it somehow.

Sooyeon often visited the garden that she had went with Soojung once. She loved the sun, the plants and the pond. It reminded her of brightness, and it gave her hope whenever she was dejected. The garden gave her the will to move on and smile.

One day, Sooyeon went to the garden again. She noticed that another person was there, and that that person was none other than her dongsaeng, Jung Soojung. She was surprised that her dongsaeng was standing in front of her right now. Soojung noticed footsteps approaching and turned behind, to face the same shock that Sooyeon had experienced.

The two sisters stared at each other. None of them said a word, but the silence was comfortable somehow. It was Soojung that started to speak.

"I don't have what this garden has."

Sooyeon kept silent, and just waited for Soojung to continue.

"Its brightness, its colour and its life... I don't have any of those three. But, unnie... you have all three."

"I knew that it was never unnie's fault, and it still isn't. But I am selfish, unnie. I keep telling myself that the one who had stolen amma and appa's love and care from me was unnie... but maybe all of it was my fault."

"Amma and appa treated me well. They did not mistreat me, they gave me good food and good clothes. But, I was jealous... I was jealous of how they always praised you, unnie, and I felt like I was abandoned trash whenever they complimented you. That is why..."

"...I am really sorry for everything they had happened."

Sooyeon listened to every sentence and word carefully, and after Soojung had finished the last sentence, Sooyeon gave her dongsaeng a hug.

"...!"

Soojung was evidently surprised. Ignoring Soojung's reaction, Sooyeon began to speak.

"...I am sorry too, Soojung-ah. I was a horrible unnie to you. I thought I was a great unnie... but I guess I was just lying to myself."

"I noticed the pain you felt through, but because you did not say a thing, I kept on telling myself that you were fine. ...I am such a terrible unnie..."

Tears started trickling down Sooyeon's cheeks as she sobbed, and while Soojung tried her best to keep her cool, she could not help but wail like a child in front of her unnie.

"No... It's me that should be sorry, unnie..."

"I'm sorry..."

The two start embracing each other tightly as sobs filled the air. All they felt were relief; relief that they had finally reconciled...

--

Years had passed. Soojung realised that she truly liked writing, and made up her mind to quit f(x) so that she can pursue her dreams. Initially, her parents objected the idea, but with the help of Sooyeon, her parents finally consented to Soojung's decision.

The f(x) members were sad to see Soojung go, but they were glad that Soojung was having a goal in life. They promised to stay friends forever, and that they would still keep in contact with each other.

Sooyeon, on the other hand, became a popular star with her fellow SNSD girls. She still loved music and dance, and had no plans to quit any time.

Soojung also told her parents about her thoughts all along, and the two apologised to Soojung after know that Soojung was affected by their actions. They promised to become better parents for both Soojung and Sooyeon.

The two met up at the garden again, the usual garden that they now often visited ever since that incident. It reminded them of warmth and light; and Soojung started to love it with Sooyeon.

"It has been so many years, unnie."

Soojung began to speak. Right now, all she felt was relief. Her life and everything was going smoothly right at this moment. She was glad.

"Yeah..."

The two just sat staring at the sun and the warmth that the sun had generously given them. Neither spoke anymore, but it was a comfortable silence, just like then.