Chapter 2: Six

After all of that, a gate started to raise and some sort of music played in the background. It pissed you off. You then walked through the  newly uncovered part of the environment you were in and opened the first door you saw by impulse. The small room had one thing in it: an organ. You tried playing it but all that came out were weird eerie notes. Well, you couldn't play well since you had Arin in your arms and the axe in the other. After a weak groan was heard, the cat cradled in one of your arms woke up. 

"Bonjour Madame (Y/N)" he said, stretching and then jumping to onto your head. 

"How are you feeling, Arin?" You asked, petting his soft fur on his head. He purred for a brief moment and replied, "I'm feeling better now, Madame (Y/N). Thank you for asking"
"Would you like to rest more or should I press on?"
"Maybe a rest should be made, Madame. You seem slightly tired."
"If you insist. Maybe the room next to here is open"

You walked out of the room with the organ and went to the other door and opened it up. There you plopped into a chair and took a deep breath. Arin on the other hand jumped down to the table beside you. You opened your backpack and took out your water and some (Favorite chips) and a granola bar. As you were eating, Arin stared at you funnily.

"You... Want some?" You asked, placing a chip in front of him. He tentatively to a small bite and you mentally awwwed at his expression and then gobbled up the whole thing.

"The flavor is so wonderful and its so crunchy!" He yelled
"Well, that is the beauty of (favorite chips). But I think we should press on again." You packed the chips and gobbled up the granola bar and chugged down some water and then stood up.

"Hey, Arin?"
"Oui?"
"Ever heard of the song the lighter side of hell?"
"I've seen some sheet music about it. Why?"
"Well... There's a story hidden behind it. Would you like to hear?"

He hopped onto your head once more.

"Oui!"
"Well... Here's how it goes," you start as you place the bag back on your shoulders and held the axe.
"It's another day in the life of me and Will, the guy who was madly in love with bacon soup. Personally, that was my OTP at work."
"What's an OTP?"
"You'll learn soon enough, small kitten. Anyway, on this particular day however everyone was had their reasons on why they felt stressed or blue or just plain out mad. On that day I was stressed because of artist block and my Bendy plushie was missing"
"You have a plushie of lord Bendy?"

You felt your face heat up.

"It's kind of like a way of showing my love. So I sat down beside Will and we both stared at each other with extreme gloom. His reason was because he was straight out stressed. We cracked a few jokes and then I said 'hey, least there was something good outta this. Like the... Lighter side of hell'"

You took a turn and saw Sammy's office flooded with ink. You went through the flood and turned the doorknob. Locked.

"So Will springs up to his feet and drags me with him and he composes some music with some of my commentaries. Then there was me who got inspired as well and drew you. I got some help from Will as well and stuff. It isn't that much of a story but I hope you still enjoyed it" you finished after getting out of the mini pool of ink.

"Ooh, Madame I am most honored to hear my origin story," the small cat said, grinning Bendy-like at you.
"And I am grateful for you, since you have let me witnessed the lighter side of hell on that certain day" you replied with a small smile.